Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 12:58 AM   #1
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oasis 1- no menu bar? No restart either.

Before I go to Amazon for help, let me ask you experts here. My Oasis (1) woke up with no menu bar!

I could click All/Downloaded, and I see the icon for airplane mode and battery life. But nothing between. No Home button, no Gear icon. Can’t sync to get today’s new books.

I clicked a folder/category. I can page forward & back in that category, or show All vs Downladed. But I cant get back to Home.

Then I clicked into a book. I can page forward & back, but can’t exit the book!

I held down the power key. Got a choice of buttons: Cancel. Restart. Screen off. I pushed Restart. It thought about it for some long moments ... then turned off the choice box but did nothing! Tried this at least 3 times.

It had 85% power, and lives in the cover. But I’m charging it overnight (wall outlet) until I wake up tomorrow. Hopefully, to a few more suggestions!

bgDeb
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:48 AM   #2
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Try holding the power button for 40 seconds. That often fixes problems on my kindles.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ahhh, that fixed it. Thank you!,

It fixed a previous bug, too. The Oasis hadn’t been getting new books when I touched “sync”, even when I had told amazon to send to this device (from a desktop browser). I had to go to the cloud and pull them down manually. Meaning I had to remember which books cost actual money, and were meant to be noticed.
Now they are syncing when I press sync. So I guess something had been wrong for a week or two. (I’ve been reading a physical book.)

Thank you!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote