Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-08-2018, 08:09 PM   #1
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Getting new Oasis 2

I decided to trade in my voyage and PW2 and get the Oasis. I need the larger screen. I hope I didn’t make a mistake.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:28 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I'm loving the Oasis 2's larger screen and physical buttons. Hope it works out for you, too.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2018, 06:12 AM   #3
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I decided to trade in my voyage and PW2 and get the Oasis. I need the larger screen. I hope I didn’t make a mistake.
I sold my Voyage after a few weeks with my new Oasis. I love it.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:09 AM   #4
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I love everything about mine except battery life. Depending on how much I read it goes down by about 8% a day
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:35 AM   #5
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I'm losing about the same per day 8%, with wifi off. I don't read audio books on it so I have no idea how much more the battery would go down. Other than that I love the Oasis 2.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2018, 09:10 AM   #6
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I will get my Oasis tomorrow, along with the cover. I cannot believe the cover is so cheap after what I paid for the voyage cover about 3 years ago when I got the voyage.
I am 70 and my eyes are not what the use to be. So the larger screen will mean larger fonts without losing so much print on a page is what I am hoping for. I am use to battery life not being what it should be seeing I have a IPhone, and IPad and the apple watch

I am getting the basic Oasis 2 without ads, and the MoKo case in blue. I have never filled up my Voyage and it has 4 gigs of storage, so I cannot see myself feeling up the Oasis with 8 gigs. And I do not need the cell either as I can always connect to wifi or use my Iphone as a hotspot. I normally have at least 2 months worth of reading on my Voyage and any one time.

Last edited by cvkemp; 01-09-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:14 PM   #7
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
As I usually like to charge mine each night, I do not know how long it takes for the battery to deplete. I do like the device a lot, otherwise. The screen size is great, I like the page turn buttons especially, and really appreciate the aluminum back. It makes for a more solid feel. I'm not so afraid that this one will break as I was the last Oasis Generation.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:39 PM   #8
Sonicboom
Enthusiast
Sonicboom began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 2
I have Oasis 2 and I love it, but its my first ereader so I dont have comparison
Sonicboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:34 AM   #9
cvkemp
Loving life

I get my Oasis today I will give my first impressions later today
Old 01-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #10
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I’ve just ordered the oasis 2 and it will be here tomorrow. I’ve had my voyage since it launched. I didn’t think the first generation oasis was a worthy upgrade but this time I think it is, particularly for the larger screen and waterproofing. I’ve wanted amazon to do that for years after seeing it on the Kobo.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #11
cvkemp
Loving life

At the time the first Oasis came out I could not see the need for a new ereader, and I really did not like the ideal of the charging case. But I am not that young anymore and I can use the larger screen.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #12
cvkemp
Loving life

Just got my Oasis and it is the best looking Kindle I have had and I have seen. The screen is great looking, the Oasis weighs more than I expected, in its case but not too heavy for me. I love the fact that it automatically flips when I change from left to right handed reading. And the fact the page buttons switch too is a great touch. The MoKo case is great for being as cheap as it was. The Kindle was half charged, and as soon as I connected to WiFi it downloaded the books I had staged to be downloaded. While I have always loved my Voyage screen this Oasis bets it hands down. Page turns are fast but not sure it is any faster than the Voyage. I believe I made the right decision to upgrade my Kindle.

I love the physical page buttons they work so much better than the Voyage touch page turns.

Last edited by cvkemp; 01-10-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #13
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I love the Oasis 2. I agree the battery seems to go down faster than my PW-but it charges a lot faster, as well.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:18 AM   #14
gal_amy
Connoisseur
gal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, Kindle HDX, iPhone6, iPhone7, Oasis2
I like all of the reasons previous, but what I am having a hard time getting used too is the gradient of the device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
gal_amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:15 AM   #15
cvkemp
Loving life

I have now had a chance to spend a few hours reading on the Oasis2 and I have to say I love the larger screen. I can now set the font size up by 1 size and still have more text on the page. I find the e-ink display to be really great, and the lighting it great.