Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-25-2017, 05:08 PM   #1
camifran
camifran began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Sage
Newbie question: download epubs directly from the internet into koreader

Hi!

I'm fairly new to the kindle and KOReader world and I would like to know if you can search for a book online, download it and open it in koreader as you would in a PC or an iPad, for instance. I've been able to do so using the experimental webbrowser for mobi files within the kindle OS, but it won't allow me to download other kind of files. I looked into the alternative browser skipstone in order to bypass this, but i've been unsuccesful. Also, I tried setting up my own OPDS server through calibre2opds, but it kinda beats the purpose as I would have to use a computer to add a newfound book into calibre and update the catalog...

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thank you!
camifran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:58 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If you are using calibre to download books from the internet, or add to calibre those that you download using your PC, you have several options to interact with calibre, in KOReader.

There are also sites that offer OPDS/ATOM catalogs that allow downloading their books that way. The major commercial sites well want a web interface for their transactions.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2017, 02:19 PM   #3
camifran
camifran began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
If you are using calibre to download books from the internet, or add to calibre those that you download using your PC, you have several options to interact with calibre, in KOReader.

There are also sites that offer OPDS/ATOM catalogs that allow downloading their books that way. The major commercial sites well want a web interface for their transactions.
Hi, thank you for replying!

I would like to bypass calibre on this. What I'm thinking is, I see a book I like, from a site that doesn't offer OPDS (like say, Library Genesis, or archiveofourown), I click the link and the browser let's me download it so I can later open it with Koreader.

I also tried using the dropbox plugin (via saving the book to my dropbox from my phone, for example), but to no avail, in order to accomplish this.
camifran is offline   Reply With Quote