Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
janvangastel
Edge User

SD card??

I tried to move some pdf files from my pc to my edge, but it says I need an sd card. I can't find one. Is it not included? If not: how do I know which one to buy? Can I buy in computer stores or do I have to order it from Edge?

Jan.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
kenjennings
Edge User

This Thread HERE discusses SD cards that do and don't work in the eDGe. Most cards should work fine. Some higher capacity cards have issues. If you have issues you may be able to fix it by formatting the card on another computer.

Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
fgruber
Edge User

In any case you don't NEED an SD card to transfer files from your PC. You can use the included cable to transfer them by USB.

Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvangastel View Post
I tried to move some pdf files from my pc to my edge, but it says I need an sd card. I can't find one. Is it not included? If not: how do I know which one to buy? Can I buy in computer stores or do I have to order it from Edge?

Jan.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Or an USB flash stick.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
janvangastel
Edge User

The message said it was not posible without a SD card, but nevertheless, the files were downloaded to my Edge. So it worked!
Quote:
In any case you don't NEED an SD card

Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #6
Snow
Edge User

The included ES File Explorer app may just do the trick you're looking for as well. I use it to stream music and videos off my home computer all the time.