Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-02-2018, 06:11 PM   #46
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
If you are trying to use the 3.19.5761 patch zip, you'll need to remove the nickel line from kobopatch.yaml, as there are no nickel patches for that version.
Sorry, but this is complete gibberish to me.

"If you are trying to use the 3.19.5761 patch zip, you'll need to remove the nickel line from kobopatch.yaml"
But the first uncommented lines in the yaml file say

version: 3.19.5761
in: src/kobo-update-3.19.5761.zip

so yes, I am trying to create that patch and the yaml file seems to be meant for that very version. So why do I need to edit it further? Why does it contain lines that don't fit?

"you'll need to remove the nickel line from kobopatch.yaml" But there are more than one line with "nickel" in the yaml. In the following section alone we have "nickel" four times:

patches:
src/nickel.patch: usr/local/Kobo/nickel
src/libadobe.so.patch: usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so
src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch: usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0
src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.patch: usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0

And down below there's more. Anyway, I removed the line that begins src/nickel.patch and it seemed to finally generate a KoboRoot.tgz. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for doing your best to patch Kobo, but the procedure remains totally incomprehensible and convoluted.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:33 PM   #47
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Sorry, but this is complete gibberish to me.

"If you are trying to use the 3.19.5761 patch zip, you'll need to remove the nickel line from kobopatch.yaml"
But the first uncommented lines in the yaml file say

version: 3.19.5761
in: src/kobo-update-3.19.5761.zip

so yes, I am trying to create that patch and the yaml file seems to be meant for that very version. So why do I need to edit it further? Why does it contain lines that don't fit?

"you'll need to remove the nickel line from kobopatch.yaml" But there are more than one line with "nickel" in the yaml. In the following section alone we have "nickel" four times:

patches:
src/nickel.patch: usr/local/Kobo/nickel
src/libadobe.so.patch: usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so
src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch: usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0
src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.patch: usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0

And down below there's more. Anyway, I removed the line that begins src/nickel.patch and it seemed to finally generate a KoboRoot.tgz. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for doing your best to patch Kobo, but the procedure remains totally incomprehensible and convoluted.
Yep. That's right. The reason why you had to do that was due to a small bug in the converter (it usually works well out of the box). Also, the pre-generated patch zips are not the final product. They are just a way to use the existing patches before I get around to converting them to the new format, which is easier to use.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2018, 12:49 PM   #48
vjjustin
Enthusiast
vjjustin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Great work!! I really want to thank you for your efforts on this. I believe this will eventually help patching done in seconds and can even be done by those who are not so technically inclined (especially with the yaml file).

I don't know how/when you will get around to the new patching solution and especially the zlib css configurations. But if thats done, it might be a game changer. Thank you once again, and to all other great members; such a great community we have here.
vjjustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:36 PM   #49
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@geek1011,

I'm a bit late to the fw 4-8-11073 party, been a bit busy. Sorry if this is a dumb question but have I missed something? ...

I downloaded kobopatch_4-8-11073.zip from your GitHub. I see only one .yaml file in there.

I converted all my .patch files to .yaml when beta-testing kobopatch for the previous firmware. Can I use these (edited for 4-8-11073, obviously) or should I be using .patch files only for the time being?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:39 PM   #50
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@vjjustin, the new format is done, I just have not got around to converting the patches from the old format. Even so, I have made many improvements around handling the old format which are not in the original patching system.

@jackie_w and @vjjustin: The autogenerated patch zips are not the final result. They are just automatically generated from the old patch zips to make it easier to test kobopatch and to ease the transition (but they are stable enough and usable enough to use normally).

@jackie_w: You can use your .yaml files. Just put them in the src folder, and make the following changes to kobopatch.yaml:
- Change the patch format from patch32lsb to kobopatch
- Find .patch and replace it with .yaml
Advert
Old 06-03-2018, 08:57 PM   #51
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Change the patch format from patch32lsb to kobopatch
That was the bit I'd missed
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:38 PM   #52
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
That was the bit I'd missed
Yep. _
Old 07-05-2018, 02:08 PM   #53
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
How may I use this for fw 4.9.11311?
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #54
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
How may I use this for fw 4.9.11311?
The patches haven't been released yet. If you want to manually port individual ones, you can update the version in kobopatch.yaml, and modify the patches as necessary.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #55
geek1011
Wizard

The patches for 4.9.11311 and 4.9.11314 have been added. Also have a look at the updated Tips and Tricks section at the beginning of this thread.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:58 PM   #56
geek1011
Wizard

I have released version v0.6.3. It now supports running on arm64 devices, and has better handling of multiple patch files for the same target.

The next version will probably include support for adding custom translations, and the next version after that might include zlib support.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:02 PM   #57
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you very much!
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:54 PM   #58
geek1011
Wizard

I have added support for compiling and adding translation files in v0.6.4.

Terisa de morgan: Can you test it, as I don't use custom translations myself?

Last edited by geek1011; 07-06-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:02 PM   #59
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, I'll test it as soon as I can (damn Windows updates) and I'll be back to you.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:05 PM   #60
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you, I'll test it as soon as I can (damn Windows updates) and I'll be back to you.
No problem (and I use Linux )! All the instructions are in the README in the patch zip and in kobopatch.yaml.

And I think I almost figured out the zlib stuff. That will mean the end of endless updates to the css patches!

Tags
kobo, kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb