Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you expect from the new Kindle/s
8" or larger screen 3 13.64%
7 to 8" screen 5 22.73%
Color temperature control 11 50.00%
Higher resolution 5 22.73%
Note taking feature 1 4.55%
Text to speech 6 27.27%
Alexa addition 2 9.09%
Mobius screen tech 2 9.09%
Basic Kindle replacement 0 0%
Paperwhite replacement 9 40.91%
Voyage replacement 4 18.18%
Oasis replacement 2 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2018, 06:03 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot.at View Post
Did you try Kobo Aura One? It has 7.8'' screen and has a perfect light system.
That all depends on the unit you received. So far, my KA1 has even lighting in normal use but when I change the colour to candlelit, I notice some coning at the bottom of the screen. This doesn't bother me since I only turned the "Natural light" to maximum to see how far it went. OTOH, others have had KA1s that had blotching when "Natural light" was moved past 25% and some people complained about uneven lighting even when "Natural light" was set to zero.

On yet another hand, there have been complaints about virtually every ereader with a frontlit screen no matter what the screen size -- check the posts about the Kindle Voyage with light level and colour gradients for example. Then there was one complaint about the front light on a Kobo Touch which resulted in me attempting to inhale my coffee. At the time, it was the funniest item I had read in several months.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-13-2018 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Fat fingers cause typos...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote