Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
organizing "series" in mobipocket

So, I have over 100 books in my mobipocket library including a few series of books. I can't find any way to assign an order to the books and I'd really like one. Does anyone have workarounds for me? Unfortunately purchse date doesn't work for me and last read date isnt' helpful. I would use the star ratings for order (since I don't use them for ratings) but that only gets me up to 5...unless I use star on/star off as binary counting. But, although I'm somewhat geekish, binary representations aren't exactly intuitive to me. (as in I may have to write out every number from 1 up until I find the number I'm looking for)

Does anyone have any other suggestions for me?
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
I take it back, you can't turn on and off individual stars...so it's just a count to 5.

Any other ideas?
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I organize by folder, either author or series. I know that it will find the ebooks in folders, but I don't know that you can see the folders on the Palm Mobi Reader.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I added the flag --prefixtitle to mobi2mobi for this. So
Code:
  mobi2mobi --outfile new.awz --prefixtitle "01-" old.awz
should work. You will get the old title prefixed with "01-".
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote