Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-10-2017, 01:24 AM   #1021
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny_Dreadful View Post
I was also getting the earlier error so I'm trying out the beta and while it isn't throwing a visible error the "Sync from Shelf" option is not updating existing books, though it will create a new book via the "Add empty book to Calibre" option in the right click menu inside the Sync window.

I'm running Calibre 3.13 Portable on Windows 10. My Library is in my Dropbox Folder, but Dropbox is always paused while Calibre is running. I ran Calibre in debug mode and attached the log where I tried to update my books with "Sync from Shelf".
I've run the Sync from Shelf here a few times and it has worked properly each time. I have it adding a tag to the book as part of the sync. I can see the tag is there and the modified timestamp is updated on the book.

Are the books on the Goodreads shelf already matched with books in the calibre library?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:37 AM   #1022
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beta - Bit more on the certificate problem

Attached is another beta for the certificate issues. The main change here is that I have updated the code for httplib2 to the latest version. I have also made a small change to load the CA certificates from the OS store. This allowed me to re-enable the certificate validation.

I have tested this on my Windows 10 laptop with no problems. If you get a certificate error on a Windows machine, please visit the Goodreads site using IE or Edge. Then try again. This should get the certificates updated in the system store.

For MacOS and Linux, the change should work, but I haven't tested it. And I don't know how to update the certificate store on the OSes.

If anyone has problems, please report them with the error messages or logs. And if it works, please tell me as well. If it seems to be working I will release this version.

Last edited by davidfor; 01-21-2018 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
Advert
Old 12-10-2017, 04:10 AM   #1023
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'm running the beta and it works fine for me (small test, I'll keep on checking it).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:15 AM   #1024
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'm running the beta and it works fine for me (small test, I'll keep on checking it).
Good to hear.

Also, as I mentioned, I had a look at using the calibre supplied functions. For a lot of the function it will work easily. But, the parts that need authentication would take a bit more time.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:26 AM   #1025
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Also, as I mentioned, I had a look at using the calibre supplied functions. For a lot of the function it will work easily. But, the parts that need authentication would take a bit more time.
I guess, I'll check the new version if you publish it.
Advert
Old 12-10-2017, 06:28 AM   #1026
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Well I feel foolish, I rechecked my library and the book I was looking at has two copies one much older than the other which it was syncing to, so I completely missed it! The plug-in is working perfectly for me too. Thanks for the really great plug-in and sorry for confusing the issue.
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:30 AM   #1027
Alissa1651
Enthusiast
Alissa1651 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for iOS
I've just tried the last-uploaded beta and it works for me! Thank you
Alissa1651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:04 PM   #1028
284984 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thank you for the prompt fix, and this very useful plug-in.

My Calibre library is very edition-specific. Goodreads is my primary source for that information, and I've been using Goodreads Sync for the last fortnight to individually tie Calibre books to Goodreads editions.

In the Search for Goodreads Book panel opened after using Link to Goodreads, it's not immediately obvious if the ISBN in Calibre has returned the intended edition. I'd love to be able to see if this is the correct edition and just hit OK if it is. In addition to Title, Author and Series, Edition, Publisher and Published Date columns here would let me verify this immediately. I would also add the corresponding Publisher and Published date alongside the existing original Calibre metadata returned greyed out.

In Switch Goodreads Editions, I'd like to have more information to tell the editions apart. Publisher, Published Date and ISBN would be more than enough. This would eliminate most of my need to check Goodreads in browser almost entirely and save me hours a week.

These little changes would save me a massive amount of tedious work, as if you've not already saved me enough. Thank you.
284984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:53 PM   #1029
dewd
Enthusiast
dewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: none
Seems to be working here on MacOS Sierra.
dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:18 AM   #1030
Packerfan
Packerfan began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Samsung
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Attached is another beta for the certificate issues. The main change here is that I have updated the code for httplib2 to the latest version. I have also made a small change to load the CA certificates from the OS store. This allowed me to re-enable the certificate validation.

I have tested this on my Windows 10 laptop with no problems. If you get a certificate error on a Windows machine, please visit the Goodreads site using IE or Edge. Then try again. This should get the certificates updated in the system store.

For MacOS and Linux, the change should work, but I haven't tested it. And I don't know how to update the certificate store on the OSes.

If anyone has problems, please report them with the error messages or logs. And if it works, please tell me as well. If it seems to be working I will release this version.
Now that I have found the fix...what do I do with it?
Packerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:04 PM   #1031
markweaster
markweaster began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 2013
I broke it. Help! :-0

I am not sure what I did. I recently installed CCleaner and had it clean up registry entries. Just this a.m., I went into plugin setup messed with some User Shelves settings. After making the settings changes, I started getting errors although that may be coincidence. I tried uninstalling the plugin and then reinstalling it; no joy. The error data follows. Can you help?!?

calibre, version 3.13.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 2] No such file or directory

calibre 3.13 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.15063-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.15063')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.15063', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 4, 3) && Inept Epub DeDRM (0, 1, 7) && Goodreads Sync (1, 10, 1) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Goodreads (1, 1, 12)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 283, in add_or_remove_to_shelf
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 1460, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 1606, in update_book_status
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 350, in get_goodreads_id_for_isbn
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 156, in _request_get
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1451, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1251, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1451, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1203, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1139, in _conn_request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 899, in connect
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 78, in _ssl_wrap_socket
File "ssl.py", line 933, in wrap_socket
File "ssl.py", line 542, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
markweaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:19 PM   #1032
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markweaster View Post
I am not sure what I did. I recently installed CCleaner and had it clean up registry entries. Just this a.m., I went into plugin setup messed with some User Shelves settings. After making the settings changes, I started getting errors although that may be coincidence. I tried uninstalling the plugin and then reinstalling it; no joy. The error data follows. Can you help?!?
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
You have broken nothing. Install the beta @davidfor has included some posts before and check if it works.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #1033
Packerfan
Packerfan began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Samsung
I downloaded the fix, unzipped it but I have no idea what to do with it. Please help
Packerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:06 PM   #1034
markweaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
You have broken nothing. Install the beta @davidfor has included some posts before and check if it works.
Thanks, Terisa! Beta is working great so far!
Old 12-11-2017, 04:15 PM   #1035
markweaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerfan View Post
I downloaded the fix, unzipped it but I have no idea what to do with it. Please help
Trying to repay Terisa's favor to me a few minutes ago ...

Two ways to do this. One I used ...
Go to your Roaming profile folder, e.g. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins
Rename "Goodreads Sync.zip" to Goodreads Sync - Copy.zip"
Copy/Move the beta zip you download into this folder and rename to "Coogreads Sync.zip"
Restart Calibre
Probably overkill, but I like to be cautious.

Way 2 and probably the "correct" way ...

Click Preferences
Click Plugins
Click Load plugin from file
I did not use this second method this time, but it should work AOK.

Tags
calibre, goodreads