Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #91
dhighway
dhighway began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, Libre Color, HipStreet M700
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvd4 View Post
Just received from Dell. I can't get more than 3.5 hours life on the battery! I charged it for 12 hours - still says 3.5 hours. I ONLY use it for reading. Have the brightness down to 10%. This is not what I have been reading that others get. I have a Ticket in with Aluratek Support. Anyone, in the meantime, experienced this?
I have not upgraded the firmware - not sure that would make any difference for this problem.

lvd4
When you say you can't get 3.5 hrs on the battery, do you mean in actual usage or according to the built-in meter? I ask because I've had this device since mid-March and found the battery meter quite inaccurate. I've used the Libre Color on a plane ride for about 5 hrs on a single charge to read at 10% & to watch a 42 min video (downloaded 1 hr TV show) at 80 or 90% (can't remember exactly), and it still wasn't completely run down.

HTH,
DH
dhighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #92
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Just want to make sure of something. If I understand right the Libre color will read all epub except Barnes & Noble. If that is wrong please let me know.

Thanks.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #93
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Yes, the Libre Color supports ADE's epub.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #94
lvd4
Enthusiast
lvd4 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
Libre Colour Ereader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhighway View Post
When you say you can't get 3.5 hrs on the battery, do you mean in actual usage or according to the built-in meter? I ask because I've had this device since mid-March and found the battery meter quite inaccurate. I've used the Libre Color on a plane ride for about 5 hrs on a single charge to read at 10% & to watch a 42 min video (downloaded 1 hr TV show) at 80 or 90% (can't remember exactly), and it still wasn't completely run down.

HTH,
DH
Thanks DH. The most I have ever got was between 3.5 and 4 hours. It is on its way back to Aluratek for repair or replacement.

lvd4
lvd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #95
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
Just want to make sure of something. If I understand right the Libre color will read all epub except Barnes & Noble. If that is wrong please let me know.

Thanks.
It supports ADE and depending on the version of ADE it will not read Barnes and Noble and it will not read iBooks ePuB that uses Apple DRM.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 06:47 PM   #96
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Libre color for $79.00

this place has the Libre color for $79.00.

http://www.heartlandcomputers.com/pr...In-Memory.html

Last edited by Gardenman; 06-11-2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:10 PM   #97
ho11ywood885
ho11ywood885 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Color
Aluratek Libre Color firmware

I am new, so I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. I was wondering if anyone has the firmware update files for the Aluratek Libre Color (AEBK07FS). Mine died, and I loved it, so I found another one on ebay. This one is locked in the prepetual reboot cycle, so I'd like to update the firmware, but Aluratek has long since dropped the software off there site. I even went as far as contacting customer support, but they say they don't even have the files anymore. Hopefully someone saved the folder!
ho11ywood885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #98
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ho11ywood885 View Post
I am new, so I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. I was wondering if anyone has the firmware update files for the Aluratek Libre Color (AEBK07FS). Mine died, and I loved it, so I found another one on ebay. This one is locked in the prepetual reboot cycle, so I'd like to update the firmware, but Aluratek has long since dropped the software off there site. I even went as far as contacting customer support, but they say they don't even have the files anymore. Hopefully someone saved the folder!
Unfortunately, your best bet may be to return that one (if you can) and buy one that works. I did a little looking but I can't find firmware for any of the Aluratek readers, let alone the Color.

One thing you could potentially try is using Ectaco jetBook firmware as they still have their files available. I don't know if jetBook had the same color reader but at least the original jetBook was identical to the Aluratek Libre. I don't know what would be required to cross-flash firmware though if it is even possible.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote