Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-05-2018, 12:12 PM   #16
Dreadyman
Dreadyman doesn't litterDreadyman doesn't litter

Device: pocketbook 740/inkpad 3
Just a little update and info:

I've contacted the client service of pocketbook they has answer me that their e-reader its capable to read the .epub format up to ~50Mo (maybe more) and for test i try to merge many book with calibre to make an epub who weight 25Mo and my inkpad3 open it quit faste for a book of this size without any issue, i try 50Mo but calibre make too much time to merg that and finally crash.

So maybe my e-book (l'épée de vérité l'intégrale 12Mo) have an issue that dont disturbe the tolino vision 4 hd.
Dreadyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:04 PM   #17
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadyman View Post
Just a little update and info:

I've contacted the client service of pocketbook they has answer me that their e-reader its capable to read the .epub format up to ~50Mo (maybe more) and for test i try to merge many book with calibre to make an epub who weight 25Mo and my inkpad3 open it quit faste for a book of this size without any issue, i try 50Mo but calibre make too much time to merg that and finally crash.

So maybe my e-book (l'épée de vérité l'intégrale 12Mo) have an issue that dont disturbe the tolino vision 4 hd.
Hi
- I believe that the problem is with your reader.
- I come to test it, and I may well open -"105Mb -ePUB" : p (11s for open it)
*I will say at random, it's not "maybe" the question of format ePUB 2 vs 3?

Voilà :
Spoiler:

PS : Do not laugh about the title, I downloaded a book in random :-p
PS : 100Mb is very much. TERRY GOODKIND - L'ÉPÉE DE VÉRITÉ ? Tome 1-11 = 11Mb (i have)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DreaDyman.PNG
Views:	830
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	166727  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 10-05-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:00 PM   #18
Dreadyman
Dreadyman doesn't litterDreadyman doesn't litter

Device: pocketbook 740/inkpad 3
Hi;

Nice job 105Mb so i think the inkpad 3 is strong enough for big sized epub and i don't think my inkpad have an issue because i open a 25Mb book without issue and l'épée de vérité integrale is only 12Mb i think its something in the book that pocketbook dont like... but what?.... that the question, but one thing is strange pocketbook don't recognize L'épée de vérité l'intégrale as a serie but just like a single book is the only one book make me this but when i split the book and separate Tome 1&2 of Nicci, i open it without issue, even is good too if i remove just one tome of Nicci but that not make sense to use like that, ... maybe is that the problem...? i will look further.

i didnt try more than 25Mb merged, this too i will look further, for try.

ps: My e-book, l'épée de vérité intégrale in format epub2 is 15 tome + 2 préquelles + Nicci tome 1+2.
ps: i speak only in term of epub2 and with pocketbook-center too only epub2.

ps: Nice job your tittle book haha

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Dreadyman; 10-05-2018 at 08:56 PM.
Dreadyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:51 PM   #19
rgm
Enthusiast
rgm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
I also had left bottom corner light problem. Sent it back.
Bought another but this also has similar problem. However not as strong as the previous one.
I can set orange to max then corner not over lighted but my eyes dies. that orange is too much.

Another problem is the light level is changing for the screen's different area.

I will return this too...

Last edited by rgm; 12-11-2018 at 03:55 PM.
rgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:13 PM   #20
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
My Inkpad 3 also suffers from uneven light distribution in bottom 2 corners. I think that almost every unit of this device has this problem. It is not very big distraction for me, just it would be better without it.
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:39 AM   #21
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirS View Post
My Inkpad 3 also suffers from uneven light distribution in bottom 2 corners. I think that almost every unit of this device has this problem. It is not very big distraction for me, just it would be better without it.

Apparently this will be a problem from reader to reader.

- The device I tried from the French brand TEA, 3 devices from 3 had a problem with uniform backlight.
- The problem with TEA devices is that Pocektbook sends them a motherboard and TEA puts it in their own body (with the TEA logo).
* Because TEA is absolutely incapable of a company that cannot gently adhere the screen, resulting in uneven backlighting (especially in the corners). TEA with PB-740 pardoned, no longer releases updates..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I tried PB-740 from Pocketbook, they had no problem with uniformity.
PB-740 "Pocketbook" → Ok, PB-740 "TEA" → 3 from 3 problem with uniformity

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Therefore, the PB-740 recommends purchasing the directly from Pocketbook, not for some under sellers such as unable to TEA.
* When you look at some videos on Youtube, you may notice that the Pocketbook is the least affected by this problem.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-03-2019 at 05:59 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inkpad 3, issue, light, pocketbook, smartlight