Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
char10
char10 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise , aluratek libre , ipod touch
faded text after refurbishing ebookwise

I'm hoping someone can help with this problem. I have an ebookwise that I was going to give away.It has a small bad spot at the bottom of the screen,but still worked good.I thought someone might want it for a child's first reader.I contacted tech support to find out how to de-register it and the tech guy said to refurbish the reader.Before refurbishing, the text was bold black and easy to read. after refurbishing text is very faded and hard to see.any ideas or should I just toss it?
char10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by char10 View Post
I'm hoping someone can help with this problem. I have an ebookwise that I was going to give away.It has a small bad spot at the bottom of the screen,but still worked good.I thought someone might want it for a child's first reader.I contacted tech support to find out how to de-register it and the tech guy said to refurbish the reader.Before refurbishing, the text was bold black and easy to read. after refurbishing text is very faded and hard to see.any ideas or should I just toss it?
There is a contrast control. It is likely it needs the contrast adjusted. Typically when you change the backlight level you will also need to adjust the contrast. Set the backlight as low as you can and still read and then play with the contrast.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
char10
char10 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise , aluratek libre , ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There is a contrast control. It is likely it needs the contrast adjusted. Typically when you change the backlight level you will also need to adjust the contrast. Set the backlight as low as you can and still read and then play with the contrast.

Dale

Thanks so much for answering so fast Dale.I tried messing with the backlight and contrast several times ,but as soon as I moved the slider back it would immediately go back to the original setting.I finally managed to hit the yes to accept before it bounced back.It took several tries.Thanks so much for your help.
char
char10 is offline   Reply With Quote