Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you add books to your Pocket Pro?
With USB cable to device and sync with ADE 7 14.89%
With USB cable to device and sync wih Calibre 13 27.66%
With USB cable to device and drag and drop 17 36.17%
Use SD Card in Computer and sync with ADE (is this possible?) 1 2.13%
Use SD Card in Computer and sync with Calibre 9 19.15%
Use SD Card in Computer and drag and drop 29 61.70%
Sync with other software 1 2.13%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
How do you Add Books to Pocket Pro?

In these threads there are several ways to add books to your PP. Some people have problems with one way, some with others.

Let's take a poll....

How do you add books to your PP?
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
In these threads there are several ways to add books to your PP. Some people have problems with one way, some with others.

Let's take a poll....

How do you add books to your PP?
I put my card in my computer and drag & drop. Used to be I had to do the same to delete but the Lbook firmware takes care of that.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
I put my card in my computer and drag & drop. Used to be I had to do the same to delete but the Lbook firmware takes care of that.
wow your answer showed up before I got the poll out.....
AJ
Old 04-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate

Quote:
wow your answer showed up before I got the poll out.....
AJ
Did it? I am sitting here at the computer writing a comic book. (Wonder Woman, to be precisely.) I like to check sites every now again as I write...
Old 04-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #5
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
I voted for four, I hope that's ok! I do all four equally as often. I sync with the cable to Calibre, I use the USB and drag and drop in Windows Explorer, I use just the SD card and sync with Calibre, and I also just plug in the SD card and drag and drop in Windows Explorer. I've never had any difficulties when using the USB cable, but I have had troubles just inserting the SD card and doing it that way. Not always, but sometimes my computer won't read the SD card. But it always works with the cable.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
I voted for four, I hope that's ok! I do all four equally as often. I sync with the cable to Calibre, I use the USB and drag and drop in Windows Explorer, I use just the SD card and sync with Calibre, and I also just plug in the SD card and drag and drop in Windows Explorer. I've never had any difficulties when using the USB cable, but I have had troubles just inserting the SD card and doing it that way. Not always, but sometimes my computer won't read the SD card. But it always works with the cable.
I saw an option for syncing an SD card with Calibre. I didn't know yew could do that? *Blink*
Old 04-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
I saw an option for syncing an SD card with Calibre. I didn't know yew could do that? *Blink*
Well, "sync" might not be the correct word for what I do... if I pop the SD card into my computer and open Calibre, I'll select the books I want to save to the card. Then I'll click "save to disk" at the top of the screen, and the little menu comes up to ask where I want to save the books, so I'll click the drive that represents my SD card. The it just puts the books into the folders I have set up on my card, or it creates new folders if I'm transferring books to folders I haven't yet created. Does that make sense?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #8
AJ Starr
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Well, "sync" might not be the correct word for what I do... if I pop the SD card into my computer and open Calibre, I'll select the books I want to save to the card. Then I'll click "save to disk" at the top of the screen, and the little menu comes up to ask where I want to save the books, so I'll click the drive that represents my SD card. The it just puts the books into the folders I have set up on my card, or it creates new folders if I'm transferring books to folders I haven't yet created. Does that make sense?
In my choices above I would consider that "synch to SD card with Calibre", versus drag and drop not using Calibre.

AJ
Old 04-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I mostly use Calibre. Sometimes via USB for small quantities, using a card reader for bulk quantities (rebuild a large library section). I keep my Calibre catalob and manuals in the Main storage and my library on the SD Card.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Quote:
In my choices above I would consider that "synch to SD card with Calibre", versus drag and drop not using Calibre.

AJ
Well, I do both. I sync to the card with Calibre, and I also drag and drop in Windows Explorer. It depends on the book. I usually only import books into Calibre if they are in epub format, or if I want to convert them to epub. But if I make a book in rtf, then I don't bother with Calibre, I just drag and drop with Windows Explorer. Also, if it's a book that I want to update the meta data on, I'll use Calibre. If not, I'll just use Windows Explorer.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:35 AM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I pop out the SD card and put into desktop's built in card reader. I use the drop and drag method. I always click "eject" before taking the card out to keep it from corrupting. This is very important in Vista or you will get the annoying pop up that it needs to scan the card for problems every time you put the card in and the only way to fix it is to use the chkdsk command.

I only use MOBI/PRC format though which makes it easy to move books to another folder and not lose your books settings because a secondary file with the same name is created along with the book. So you just move that file with the book to keep your settings. you can even rename the book's filename and as long as you rename secondary file to match it will keep it settings.

I love that I have total control on how my books are organized!

I don't want Vista anywhere near my Pocket Pro. I don't trust Vista so I'll never hook the unit directly to the PC.

I keep my firmware on a separate SD card just in case but haven't needed it yet.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #12
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Books by my favorite authors, the ones I re-read again and again, are in the device's onboard memory, so if I add to those or swap them out for whatever reason, they must be added via USB, and I prefer click and drag to syncing.

Other books are on my card (including a "To Be Read" subfolder, with author folders within that). I just pop the card into the card reader on my PC and do the click and drag thing, then pop the card back into the reader.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
With USB cable to device and sync with ADE and Calibre. And Use SD Card in Computer and drag and drop. Mostly I pop out the SD from my device and put it in PC and drag and drop. I hardly use the internal memory of my EZ reader.

Though my PPro is out to be replace due to peeling, the replacement will probably arrived tom. I miss my PPro.

Last edited by diokdin; 04-09-2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: add more comment...
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #14
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
I tend to use the USB cable because I have to use that anyway to top up my battery. Why not do both at the same time?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #15
AlexGrant
Electronic R&D Engineer
AlexGrant began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO 5"
Be smart. Use USB cable and Total Commander file manager http://ghisler.com/. Drag and Drop is so unprofessional.
AlexGrant is offline   Reply With Quote