Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2018, 04:03 PM   #1
Robert1930
Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Problems removing library books from Kobo Aura

Recently purchased Kobo Aura H20 Edition 2 and exchanged for another new reader.

Problem: cannot remove expired library books from Adobe 3.0 or from ‘My Books” in my ereader using the 3 dot menu.

Performed a factory reset which removed everything but did not solve my problem.

Granddaughter contacted Kobo help (I have hearing problems) the agent did not know how to solve problem.
I have 10 year old Auras that will remove expired books either in ADE 3.0 or in the “my books”menu.
Robert1930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:19 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
A couple of items come to mind.

One suggestion is to stop using ADE 3.0 which had quite a few bugs and update to ADE 4.5.8.

The second is a matter of my curiosity. Considering the first Kobo ereader was sold in 2010 and the first Kobo ereader with Aura in it's name was the Aura HD which went on sale in 2013, I would love to know what model of Kobo Aura you purchased 10 or more years ago.

To clarify your message a bit. Are you attempting to use ADE 3.0 to remove the expired books from ADE 3.0 on your computer and your Aura H2O2? Or are you attempting to use the remove books popup menu on your H2O2 to remove the expired books from ADE 3.0 on your computer and your Aura H2O2? Or are you trying to use ADE 3.0 to remove the expired books from ADE 3.0 on your computer and the popup menu on your Aura H2O2 to remove the expired books from your Aura H2O2?

If you have been downloading library books using your Aura H2O2's OverDrive integration, note that an expired book will be replaced by a preview which acts as a placeholder for any annotations or bookmarks. If you want to remove that preview, you will need to select Remove from My Books on the popup and then remove the books from your Archive using Kobo's web interface. In that scenario, ADE 3.0 plays no part.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2018, 01:51 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The second is a matter of my curiosity. Considering the first Kobo ereader was sold in 2010 and the first Kobo ereader with Aura in it's name was the Aura HD which went on sale in 2013, I would love to know what model of Kobo Aura you purchased 10 or more years ago.
I'm guessing he meant to say "10 year old KOBOS, instead of AURAS."
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:30 PM   #4
Robert1930
Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Robert1930 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Hi Dave, thanks for suggestions. I have downloaded ADE 4.5.8 and tried to remove a library book and was unsuccessful.
I would like to tell you that i am 88 years old and my memory of how long ago I had my old Auras was wrong.
With my old Auras in ADE 3.0 I can return a book to the library and then remove the book in ADE 3.0 and when I go to My books the book is removed.

With my new Aura H202 In ADE 4.5.8 I have been able to download a book via Overdrive and read the book, however, if I return the book to the library and then remove the book in ADE 4.5.8 , the book remains in the reader.
You mention Overdrive integration in the Aura H202, I do not think my ereader has this and I wonder if this an old reader I have been sold. Thanks for your interest, Robert.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #5
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Using ADE, select your Kobo from the left pane, then remove the books you want off your Kobo. Does that work for you?

Sent from my iPhone, proving definitively that I’m all thumbs.

http://DouglasCootey.com
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2018, 10:33 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1930 View Post
Hi Dave, thanks for suggestions. I have downloaded ADE 4.5.8 and tried to remove a library book and was unsuccessful.

I would like to tell you that i am 88 years old and my memory of how long ago I had my old Auras was wrong.
With my old Auras in ADE 3.0 I can return a book to the library and then remove the book in ADE 3.0 and when I go to My books the book is removed.
I was actually surprised when I looked at the Kobo ereader timeline. I could have sworn that I had purchased my original Kobo before 2010. The memory isn't what it used to decades ago. I seldom use ADE directly with my Kobo ereaders since even with library books, I prefer to import them to calibre (without removing the DRM), update the covers and metadata and then sync them to my Kobo so I would not have seen removing them from ADE also removing them from the ereader on the next sync.

Quote:
With my new Aura H202 In ADE 4.5.8 I have been able to download a book via Overdrive and read the book, however, if I return the book to the library and then remove the book in ADE 4.5.8 , the book remains in the reader.
You mention Overdrive integration in the Aura H202, I do not think my ereader has this and I wonder if this an old reader I have been sold. Thanks for your interest, Robert.
If your firmware has updated to 4.10.11655 (which may not be available to your device as yet due to Kobo's phased rollouts), you will get OverDrive on the Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (aka H2O2) and Kobo Aura Edition 2 in addition to the Kobo Aura ONE. Basically, the four models that are currently being sold all have OverDrive with this firmware version. This assumes you live in one of the countries that have Kobo OverDrive support.

This firmware can also be manually installed -- check the Kobo forum for advice on this. One item with doing a manual update on your H2O2 is that you will need to check the serial number. If the 7th digit of the serial number is a 2, you have an H2O2 v2 which takes a different firmware version from the H2O2 original version. See Kobo Firmware Downloads for the manual download links.

Once you have the .zip file downloaded, connect your H2O2 to your computer, open the .zip file and copy the 2 files and 1 directory to the .kobo directory on your H2O2. Once the files have copied, safely eject your H2O2 and it will start the update in while -- be patient!.

If you are using a Mac OS X or Linux computer, you will need to allow hidden directories (the name will start with a . ) to be seen.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:53 AM   #7
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Edit: Never mind. I should have known better than to question DNSB.

Quote:

The second is a matter of my curiosity. Considering the first Kobo ereader was sold in 2010 and the first Kobo ereader with Aura in it's name was the Aura HD.

Just to notpick, wasn't the first first Kobo ereader with Aura in it's name the Aura?

Last edited by John F; 09-04-2018 at 05:58 AM.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:30 PM   #8
Robert1930

Thanks David, My software is 4.9.11311. When the new software is installed I hope it will fix my book removal problem. thanks, Robert.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:03 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Just to notpick, wasn't the first first Kobo ereader with Aura in it's name the Aura?
As far as I recall, the Aura HD was released in the spring of 2013, the Aura was released in late summer 2013. I could be wrong -- note that I thought I picked up my first Kobo ereader a year before it's release.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:20 AM   #10
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
As far as I recall, the Aura HD was released in the spring of 2013, the Aura was released in late summer 2013. I could be wrong -- note that I thought I picked up my first Kobo ereader a year before it's release.
Looking at a wiki, I believe you are correct: The Aura HD was released before the Aura.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:26 AM   #11
Robert1930

Hi David, the new firmware for my Kobo Aura H20.v2 downloaded automatically yesterday and my problem of the un-removeable library books is fixed and as you said the Overdrive option is now built in.
Thank you once again for your advice and educational suggestions. Robert.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:14 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Hi David, the new firmware for my Kobo Aura H20.v2 downloaded automatically yesterday and my problem of the un-removeable library books is fixed and as you said the Overdrive option is now built in.
Thank you once again for your advice and educational suggestions. Robert.
Good to hear that you are now a happy camper. As for the advice, etc., just paying forward for the help I've been given over the years.