Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 03:41 PM   #241
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes, but it updates only Custom Columns. See the posts starting from Oct 13, 2017, some of which include examples. Also read the MCS ToolTips.

If you want to change Comments itself, simply update an appropriate CC and the copy it to Comments using Bulk Edit Search and Replace. Then empty that CC.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:56 PM   #242
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Awesome. Thanks! Managed to get it working using the following regex:

Code:
Summary[\s]+(.{0,2000}?)[\s]{3,}
Couldn't figure out a way to get rid of Summary[\s]+ via regex tab but calibre's metadata search and replace worked.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2019, 04:48 PM   #243
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FF Text #Metadata Custom Column Extraction

Tanjamuse:

See the attached.

You will need to revise your Full Text Search regular expression based variations in your first page of your TXT files. I have no idea what they really look like, and how standardized or non-standardized they might be. Regardless, the attached example shows you how to get started.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fanfiction_metadata_custom_column_update_from_extraction_via_full_text_search_example.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	1,007.2 KB
ID:	171336  
Old 05-07-2019, 01:38 AM   #244
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I added the information to the metadata CC, but because it doesn't look like how FFF plugin creates it, it doesn't update any of the columns.

All the lines included in the txt query are lines constant.

This is the non-html version of the metadata column:

Spoiler:
Adapter_Classes:

ArchiveOfOurOwnOrgAdapter
AO3 Categories:

M/M
Author:

Mews1945
Authorhtml:

Mews1945
Author ID:

Mews1945
Author URL:

http://archiveofourown.org/users/Mew...seuds/Mews1945
Byline:

Mews1945
Packaged:

2017-10-08T14:18:06.733000
Published:

2006-04-07T00:00:00
Updated:

Summary:

Frodo is lost in a storm, and Merry comes to find him.

Fandoms:

Lord of the Rings (2001 2002 2003)
Langcode:

en
Language:

English
Lastupdate:

Last Update Year/Month: 2006/04
Last Update: 2006/04/07
Chapters:

Words:

Python_Version:

2.7.15+ (default, Jan 16 2019, 15:06:17) [MSC v.1900 64 bit (AMD64)]
Rating:

Explicit
Story URL Section:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/73969
Series:

Additional Series:

Additional Series:

Additional Series:

Publisher:

archiveofourown.org
Site Abbrev:

ao3

Completed
Story ID:

Story URL:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/73969
Title:

Shelter From the Storm
Titlehtml:

Shelter From the Storm
Downloader Version:

FanFicFare v3.7.0
Warnings:

No Archive Warnings Apply
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #245
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I added the information to the metadata CC, but because it doesn't look like how FFF plugin creates it, it doesn't update any of the columns.

All the lines included in the txt query are lines constant.

This is the non-html version of the metadata column:

Spoiler:
Adapter_Classes:

AO3 Categories:

M/M
Author:

Mews1945
Authorhtml:

Mews1945
Author ID:

Mews1945
Author URL:

Byline:

Mews1945
Packaged:

Published:

Updated:

Summary:

Fandoms:

Langcode:

en
Language:

English
Lastupdate:

Chapters:

Words:

Python_Version:

Rating:

Explicit
Story URL Section:

Series:

Additional Series:

Additional Series:

Additional Series:

Publisher:

archiveofourown.org
Site Abbrev:

ao3

Completed
Story ID:

Story URL:

Title:

Shelter From the Storm
Titlehtml:

Shelter From the Storm
Downloader Version:

FanFicFare v3.7.0
Warnings:

I don’t think there’s a one-click method of transferring that in bulk to multiple custom columns.

Running multiple regex saved searches should work, though. I have like 20+ of those for my AO3 direct downloaded fanfics (yes, I have a lot of custom columns). Hence, I usually wait to process stuff in batches of at least 10. It’s pretty quick to go through all the saved searches though. Just a continuous Load search/replace and click Apply, rinse and repeat until done.

Either that or convert the metadata into a format that FFF will accept.
Advert
Old 05-10-2019, 01:15 AM   #246
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I was trying to add it to the saved metadata column and then have FFF update based on that column.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:44 AM   #247
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
I was trying to add it to the saved metadata column and then have FFF update based on that column.
As mentioned, if you go that route, you'll need to convert it first to a format that FFF likes. I doubt that'll be easy. You'll probably need to program your own user-defined template function.

Or perhaps you can request JimmXinu to add support for that layout in FFF saved metadata.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:53 AM   #248
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I tried changing it to only add the fandoms (category) to a column but I don't think I've done it correctly:

Code:
^Category[:]-Genre[:][ ]
Old 05-10-2019, 01:09 PM   #249
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
I tried changing it to only add the fandoms (category) to a column but I don't think I've done it correctly:

Code:
^Category[:]-Genre[:][ ]

Try ^Category[:].+Genre[:][ ]

Show Tooltip
Old 05-10-2019, 01:15 PM   #250
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I only want the line for category, is that possible? And if I add all the metadata in the columns where they belong can you create a tool that would let me create the saved metadata exactly the way FFF creates them (html included)?
Old 05-15-2019, 02:10 PM   #251
DaltonST
Deviser

MCS Full-Text Search Regular Expression Compile Option "Multiline"

See the attached image which shows how using a regular expression can isolate a very specific single line in a TXT format ebook due to the regular expression compile option "Multiline".

Pythex is a great tool for independently testing regular expressions using random sample text and then showing the selected text results, if any.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	regex_multiline_compile_option.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	660.4 KB
ID:	171467  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #252
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
I only want the line for category, is that possible?
This is the MCS Full TXT search regex I use for extracting Additional Tags from AO3 direct downloaded epubs (converted to TXT using Calibre).

Spoiler:
Posted originally on the Archive of Our Own at https://archiveofourown.org/works/8346424.

Rating:

Mature

Archive Warning:

Graphic Depictions Of Violence, Major Character Death

Category:

F/M, Multi

Fandom:

A Song of Ice and Fire - George R. R. Martin, Game of Thrones (TV)

Relationship:

Jon Snow/Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow/Ygritte, Meera Reed/Bran Stark, Jorah Mormont/Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow/Val

Character:

Jon Snow, Bran Stark, Samwell Tarly, Mance Rayder, Tormund Giantsbane, Stannis Baratheon, Three-Eyed Crow, Daenerys Targaryen, Jorah Mormont, Davos Seaworth, Melisandre of Asshai, The Weeper, Meera Reed, Val (ASoIaF), Ramsay Bolton, Hother "Whoresbane" Umber, Cersei Lannister, Jon Connington, Sansa Stark, Tyrion Lannister, Wyman Manderly, Jon "The Greatjon" Umber, Maege Mormont, Euron Greyjoy, Qyburn (ASoIaF), Sand Snakes (ASoIaF), Aegon Targaryen, Varys (ASoIaF), Olenna Tyrell

Additional Tags:

Violence, R plus L equals J, Other Additional Tags to Be Added, Warging, Dragons, King-Beyond-the-Wall, Wights, Blackfyre

Collections:

Jon has Dragons

Stats:

Published: 2016-10-22 Updated: 2018-07-29 Chapters: 51/? Words: 857620

Dragons of Ice and Fire

by serpentguy

Summary

There are things hidden in the far north, secrets buried under ice. Jon Snow faces the white walkers early, and stumbles upon a power that could change the world. It forges a new path for him and everyone around him - and a new journey south, a journey as a dragon.

The world begins to change - with steel and snow, fire and blood...

Code:
(?<=\nAdditional Tags:)[\n]+([^\n]+?)[\n]{2,}
I direct the MCS search results into a temporary #txtquery long text custom column and use a Calibre saved search/replace to copy from #txtquery to the correct tag-like custom columns. If I put the MCS search results directly into tag-like custom columns, I get a single tag "foo, bar" instead of two separate tags "foo", "bar".

As an example, for the following:
Spoiler:
Adapter_Classes:

AO3 Categories:

M/M
Author:

Mews1945
Authorhtml:

Mews1945
Author ID:

Mews1945
Author URL:

Byline:

Mews1945
Packaged:

Published:

Updated:

Summary:

Fandoms:

Langcode:

en
Language:

English
Lastupdate:

Chapters:

Words:

Python_Version:

Rating:

Explicit
Story URL Section:

Series:

Additional Series:

Additional Series:

Additional Series:

Publisher:

archiveofourown.org
Site Abbrev:

ao3

Completed
Story ID:

Story URL:

Title:

Shelter From the Storm
Titlehtml:

Shelter From the Storm
Downloader Version:

FanFicFare v3.7.0
Warnings:

You would use this to extract fandom:
Code:
(?<=\nFandoms:)[\n]+([^\n]+?)[\n]
Old 06-18-2019, 02:42 PM   #253
DaltonST
Deviser

MCS for Py3 Beta #1 - Especially Fan Fiction Users

MCS needs a lot of testing of its changes for Python 3 before I can release it into the wild. Attached is the first beta test version.

If you frequently use MCS, and especially if you use it for anything FF-related, I would greatly appreciate the fine details of any anomalies you might find.

Thanks in advance.

DaltonSTShow Tooltip

Last edited by DaltonST; 07-08-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #254
DaltonST
Deviser

MCS for Py3 Beta #1 - Especially Fan Fiction Users

Any issues found by the 10 (thank you) people who have installed it?

DaltonST
Old 07-08-2019, 10:02 AM   #255
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.75 Python 3 Compatibility. Minimum Calibre Version 3.41.3.

Version 1.0.75 - 08 July 2019 Python 3 Compatibility. Minimum Calibre Version 3.41.3.

Upgrade Calibre first.

DaltonST

Tags
columns, search