Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-18-2014, 06:45 AM   #1
The Hebridean
The Hebridean began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
Micro usb to 30 pin

I am looking to purchase a Nook HD. As I have usb chargers at various places (work Etc) I was wondering is there an adapter that I can use?
The Hebridean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #2
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
When I looked for something similar a few months ago, the answer was no. There are 30pin adapters out there, for use on Apple plugs, but they do not work for the Nook 30 pins plug. The Nook 30pin is proprietary.
But someone else may pop in with a different reply.
Did you know Nook UK has all the Nook accessories, including chargers for £5 each at the moment?
Thats a huge saving on what are usually expensive cables and accessories.
I am not sure where you live, but I live in New Zealand so I had to use a freight forwarding company to get some spare cables and new covers shipped to me but even with the extra shipping costs, it still worked out a good deal for me.
I understand you are wanting to make use of what you already have, not buy even more cables, but you may not have that option, so at least some spare cables would be handy.

http://www.nook.com/gb/store/accessories

Last edited by Chapter One; 03-18-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2014, 07:56 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Most tablets needs more current to charge than the 1A @ 5V that a USB charger can supply, so I doubt that a standard USB wall charger would work.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #4
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Most tablets needs more current to charge than the 1A @ 5V that a USB charger can supply, so I doubt that a standard USB wall charger would work.
It does charge from a 1A charger, just takes much longer time.

Also, the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51142537 has some potentially helpful solutions.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote