Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-04-2018, 09:34 AM   #1
mlevin77
Enthusiast
mlevin77 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
BOOX Max2 questions from a newbie

I just got a BOOX Max2 Ereader to test it out for a pretty specific purpose (I need to read PDFs of scientific papers from a Dropbox account). I am hoping someone can clue me in about some very beginner issues:

1) what's the right way to wake it up after it goes to sleep? Mine always says Power Off on the screen after a period of inactivity - does that mean it's actually off? When I hit the button on the bottom, it seems to go through a whole boot sequence. Surely there's a way to sleep/wake without a complete reboot?

2) when it does come back on, the wifi is always off by default. Can that be changed?

3) when viewing a PDF, what's the easiest way to go to the next page - not a smooth scroll, but to replace the current page with the next page. Is there a screen gesture, or button?

4) what's the best way to mark up PDFs and have the marks be saved to the PDF file? Right now, I go to Dropbox and click on a file I want to read. Does that open in Adobe Acrobat, or do I need to open the files from inside Acrobat to be able to do markups in place?

And: is there any product like this (same form factor) but with a backlight that can be turned on?

Last edited by mlevin77; 07-08-2018 at 05:55 AM.
mlevin77 is offline   Reply With Quote