Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-01-2018, 04:44 AM   #1
rbruce1314
Groupie
rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Xgody tablet, LG G3 (Android), moon+reader
keyboard next

Sorry for such a simple question, but I've searched everywhere I can think of without success!!

What (if any) in editor is the keyboard shortcut for going to the next file (chapter)? Using the file browser needs at least three actions and normally keyboard shortcuts are just that - they do it in one!!

No help in tools or anywhere a else (that I can see . . . . )
rbruce1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:18 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@rbruce1314 - Don't think there is one.

One of the main reasons I prefer Sigil is its repertoire of keyboard shortcuts. FX: I have next file set to Ctrl+Alt+PgDn, and next tab set to Ctrl+Alt+Right etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:59 AM   #3
rbruce1314
Groupie
rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@rbruce1314 - Don't think there is one.

One of the main reasons I prefer Sigil is its repertoire of keyboard shortcuts. FX: I have next file set to Ctrl+Alt+PgDn, and next tab set to Ctrl+Alt+Right etc.

BR
Agreed - hence the question! On Sigil it's simply f12 for me.

But how DID you set that combination in Calibre? Can't find anywhere to do it. But my only reason for editing in Calibre at all is the inbuilt colours, text layout etc. More visible for an oldie like me! .
Old 07-01-2018, 06:28 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@rbruce1314 - I have set those Ctrl+Alt+ sequences in Sigil, not in the Calibre editor. I try to 'standardise' the shortcuts across multiple applications - I think Ctrl+Alt+PgDn for next file was inherited from a video or audio editor.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-01-2018 at 06:31 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:59 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
All the keyboard shortcuts in the editor can be seen and customized in the editor preferences. I dont recall if there is one to open the next file (after all it only requires a one action to do via the mouse -- double click on the file) but if you want it it can be added, just open a bug report for it and I will get to it when I have a moment.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:47 AM   #6
rbruce1314
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
All the keyboard shortcuts in the editor can be seen and customized in the editor preferences. I dont recall if there is one to open the next file (after all it only requires a one action to do via the mouse -- double click on the file) but if you want it it can be added, just open a bug report for it and I will get to it when I have a moment.
Thanks as usual Kovid - nice to have it confirmed.

May well put in a report: it's not laziness, just that I always (as far as possible) do everything on the P.C. with my right hand permanently on the mouse and the left hand permanently on the keyboard (I'm left-handed BTW!!). With a keyboard shortcut to 'next' I could edit a whole book chapter-by-chapter without my RH moving the mouse off the edit screen (i.e. use it solely for corrections).