Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 07-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #16
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
I only use CC & the native reader & have about around 700 books loaded on my HD+. About 150 are BN. I have copies of my BN books downloaded to my laptop. I've noticed in some cases the BN books don't have covers. If that's the case I archive the copy on my device & sideload a copy after I have created a cover in Calibre. I only have 10 shelves & have had no problems with those. I load books to my shelves by going to my files right after they are sideloaded, selecting the book by pressing lightly & selecting "send to shelf".

I also have a Nook Color but keep fewer books on that one. I only use it for travel because it has longer battery life or when I want something smaller to put in my purse to read while I am waiting etc. Overall I like reading on the HD+ better. It's about the size of a paperback &, like the NC, I keep it in a cover so it opens like a regular book. I don't find the size/weight to be a problem.

I haven't tried Mantano & am not sure what the advantage would be. I don't see any advantage to keeping double copies of your BN books. I tag my books as "Nook" in Calibre & have used the "Virtual Library" feature so I can identify all my BN book in Calibre & not sideload them by accident. I always download them to my laptop as soon as I purchase them so there rarely a reason for me to go back to "My Nook' after the fact.
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #17
SusiQ
Enthusiast
SusiQ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I tried the Kindle app on the HD+. Just as quickly I uninstalled it. There aren't even any font choices other than size. Bleck! Thank goodness for Alf, so I can convert my books to epub and use Mantano.
Booklover, what is Alf?

Susie
SusiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #18
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusiQ View Post
Booklover, what is Alf?

Susie
Google Apprentice Alf.
Apache
Apache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #19
SusiQ
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Google Apprentice Alf.
Apache
But what is it? An app or a program or...?

Susie
Old 09-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #20
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
No it's just a plugin for Calibre, which is an ebook program.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:02 AM   #21
SusiQ
Enthusiast

Where can I find this plug in? I love Calibre and if this plug in helps with Kindle books, I think I need it!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:18 AM   #22
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Google Apprentice Alf.
Apache
As Apache said....

We can't give links or instructions here.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote