Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-19-2019, 04:41 AM   #271
Intet
Intet began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by foro.carlos View Post
Very good news (if true). That could mean to open the note taking experience out of their apps only. !!!
Oh, really? Show me a couple of applications that use Onyx's SDK (which has been around for a long time) on the Boox devices for instance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for SDKs, but you seem way too excited and I think you're in for a disappointment. Android e-readers are simply a niche market and I doubt this will have a noticeable impact.

Last edited by Intet; 02-19-2019 at 04:45 AM.
Intet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:49 PM   #272
pantale
pantale began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Hi,

Has anybody tested if Myscript nebo works on the mimas device?
pantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:05 PM   #273
ang3lfire
ang3lfire began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantale View Post
Hi,

Has anybody tested if Myscript nebo works on the mimas device?
One of the first things I tried when I received my Mimas! Unfortunately the lag makes it unusable. The inbuilt note-taking is pretty good and responsive though but it lacks basic drawing tools like the ability to draw a straight line. Also, if you have a lot of notes, there appears to be no way to organise them currently. I'm hoping that these issues get addressed by an upgrade to firmware at some point but for me the device is still useful as is. Fyi. I use it for bullet journaling and it works well for this.
ang3lfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:04 AM   #274
simple
simple began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650
Does anybody know how I can encrypt my Mimas? The option doesn't appear under 'Security' in the Android settings. Thanks!
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:38 AM   #275
ang3lfire
ang3lfire began at the beginning.

Quick tip for anyone using the Kindle app on their Mimas (apologies for those of you who have already worked this out). Select the option in Kindle settimgs to use volume buttons to turn pages. This will make the Mimas page turn buttons function when reading a book using the Kindle app.
ang3lfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:57 PM   #276
lvlrdka22
lvlrdka22 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intet View Post
Oh, really? Show me a couple of applications that use Onyx's SDK (which has been around for a long time) on the Boox devices for instance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for SDKs, but you seem way too excited and I think you're in for a disappointment. Android e-readers are simply a niche market and I doubt this will have a noticeable impact.
No. It's also for hobbyists who like to mess around to be able to do stuff like this:
https://youtu.be/3eHHH9-QHNk

Done strictly with smali.
lvlrdka22 is offline   Reply With Quote