Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 11:42 PM   #1
dadyeah@yahoo.co
dadyeah@yahoo.co began at the beginning.

Device: Kobos mini, Touch, Touch 2, Aura2
WiFi does not reconnect after interruption

Hi, I originally posted a question on this forum because thought I had a WiFi timeout problem. Unfortunately it occurs when there is any disturbance in the connection. I am running XCSoar (6.8.11 stable) connected to a T-Beam SoftRF T-Beam device.
The Kobo (Aura 2) only needs to communicate with the IOT T-Beam device sitting near to it in the cockpit of a sailplane. It appears that slight changes in the data from the T-beam are causing the wifi to disconnect (a test Android device listening to the T-beam at the same time does not disconnect producing a continuous GPS logger file. A second Kobo also running XCSoar disconnects at exactly the same time as the first Kobo.

A search on the internet shows that this is a common problem in linux embedded systems. It may have been encountered and solved in KoReader.
It may involve ensuring that the contents of the wpa_supplicant are re-read upon disconnection.
I'd appreciate any guidance on offer.

(When I posted my original WiFi timeout question I tried the solution of ForceWifiOn in [DeveloperSettings] in the config file. (which I took to be the eReader.conf file in the .kobo directory). This has had no effect.
dadyeah@yahoo.co is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disconnect, wifi