Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #121
Dave Qua
Dave Qua began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500
Problem Persisting!

I'm still getting the same problem as noted above. I deleted the old copy of the prog from my computer but the new version also hangs after processing the first 2 pages
Dave Qua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:33 AM   #122
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Qua
I'm still getting the same problem as noted above. I deleted the old copy of the prog from my computer but the new version also hangs after processing the first 2 pages
Me too. I got the new 2.2.1 rar, uninstalled and deleted the 2.2.0, installed 2.2.1, installed the .NET 2 framework, and I get the following:
...Creating EPS file from PDF page
...Performing autocropping (this step may take several minutes)
...Rastering PNG file from EPS file (this step may take several minutes)
...Running PNG file through Dilation and Shrink filters

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'imageManip, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
File name: 'imageManip, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
at Dilate.Program.Dilate(Bitmap bitmap)
at Dilate.Program.Main(String[] args)

...Running PNG file through Sharpening filter
convert.exe: unable to open image `C:\Documents and Settings\saundr1\My Document
s\My Books\Tools\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\stage6\0002': No such file or directory.
convert.exe: missing an image filename `C:\Documents and Settings\saundr1\My Documents\My Books\Tools\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\stage7\0002'.

ERROR!!! Post-Processing failed!

Please make sure you have .NET Framework 2.0 installed.

If the problem persists, please report it at the mobileread forums.
Press any key to continue . . .
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #123
mak021000
mak021000 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
When I run PDFrasterFarian it acts as if it is working. After execution the path is provided where the program informs me where my ebook has been saved. Unfortunately, there is no ebook to be found. Have I done something wrong during installation perhaps?
mak021000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #124
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
This is just a wild wild wild stab, but don't these things sound like they might be related to directory path issues. I know that there are a lot of issues with programs when they run into things like directory paths that are too many characters long, or that have spaces in them, or are in "my documents" which is abbreviates a fairly complicated directory path.

So that makes me curious... Has anyone tried installing this with really short and simple directory paths, and applied it to files in similar locations?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:49 AM   #125
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
RSaunders, the .NET error is now different (well, it's different from Dave's). I'll research it. Note it's being caused by me trying to call a natively-compiled library. So much for trying to do things the right way... :-( Dave, are you now getting the same error as RSaunders? Also, when i googled the original error it said it happens when you don't have SP2 for winxp installed. Is that true for you two?

mak021000, I am not able to reproduce the error. Which way are you opening the file (right-click or directly via dialog boxes)? What is the full path of the file? Are you using 2.2.1 (the rar and the folder both say 2.2.1)?

haha... is there anyone here for whom 2.2.1 IS working??
alex_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2007, 11:25 AM   #126
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

i am encountering few weird errors with 2.2.0, so temporarily reverting back to 2.1.6

1) it can no longer access pdfs from network shares, says "Access is denied."

2) same pdf-tools expired message, but now in the page preview selection says from
page "1-0" and refuses to let me select any page, is pdf-tools part of auto-imager?

3) so i copied the pdf from the network share to the local drive; however, if i abort
the process, it deletes the original.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #127
DrSiddons
A Seasoned User
DrSiddons began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 500
Dialate error

Good day.

When I run the program (2.2.1) I keep getting an error (Dialate) and the program quits out in post-production.

I've installed .NET 2.0

What are next steps?

Dr. S.
DrSiddons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #128
p3zip
p3zip began at the beginning.

Using 2.1.6, the file output had those lines-and-circle guide thingys on the top corners of the document, so I decided to try out 2.2.1. I am getting the same error, copy/pasted as follows:

Code:
Generating preview....

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'imageManip, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one ofits dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)File name: 'imageManip, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

convert.exe: unable to open image `C:\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\prv_6.png': No such file or directory.

convert.exe: unable to open file `C:\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\prv_6.png'.

convert.exe: missing an image filename `C:\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\prv_7.png'....Reducing the colors of the PNG file

convert.exe: unable to open image `C:\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\prv_7.png': No such file or directory.

convert.exe: unable to open file `C:\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\prv_7.png'.

convert.exe: missing an image filename `C:\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\p5881.png'.

Opening MSPaint...

ERROR: preview generation FAILED!

A quick googling of that HRESULT value turned up this thread:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...66919&SiteID=1

It made sense to me that perhaps I was missing some .DLLs from some obscure runtime package, so I went ahead and got vcredist_x86.exe, which did not solve the problem. Next I downloaded and installed Visual C++, Visual Basic, and Visual C# 2005 Express in the hopes that the debug .DLLs would solve it. They also did not.

I will try some additional steps, and a different PC altogether this weekend, and try to supply as much pertinent info as possible.

This PC is running a week-old install of WinXP SP2, all updates installed.
p3zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:56 PM   #129
Muskrat
Enthusiast
Muskrat began at the beginning.

Device: prs500
I cannot get this program to install. Just keep getting "Error : Access denied" Has anyone found a fix for this?
Muskrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:13 AM   #130
Dave44FL
Dave44FL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Dilate Error research

I too get this PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1 Error

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'imageManip, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
File name: 'imageManip, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

convert.exe: unable to open image `C:\Documents and Settings\saundr1\My Document
s\My Books\Tools\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\stage6\0002': No such file or directory.
convert.exe: missing an image filename `C:\Documents and Settings\saundr1\My Documents\My Books\Tools\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\stage7\0002'.

ERROR!!! Post-Processing failed!

Please make sure you have .NET Framework 2.0 installed.

If the problem persists, please report it at the mobileread forums.
Press any key to continue . . .

I Checked my version of .NET using free version checker from
http://www.tmgdevelopment.co.uk/versioncheck.htm

VersionCheck results for DAVE:

Installed .NET Runtime(s)
OK.
Current version: The following runtimes are installed:
1.1.4322.2032 Version 1.1 SP1 Aug 2004
2.0.50727.42 Version 2.0 RTM (Visual Studio.NET 2005 RTM / SQL Server 2005 RTM) Nov 2005

I located my script entries to run with Dilate.exe and profile the error using Dependency Walker v2.2.
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

SET hRes=565
SET vRes=754
SET relpath=C:\temp\PDFrast221

These are the command values I passed to Dilate.exe while monitoring for errors with DW 2.2;
"C:\temp\PDFrast221\temp\prv_5.png" "C:\temp\PDFrast221\temp\prv_6.png" 565 754

There were several errors about DLLs that were missing...
MSCORPE.DLL
MSCORSEC.DLL
MSDIS150.DLL
MSPDB80.DLL
MSVCM80.DLL
MSJAVA.DLL

and this was near the end of the DW 2.2 log view;
Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "c:\temp\pdfrast221\modules\IMAGEMANIP.DLL" contains errors. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (14001).
LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe c:\temp\pdfrast221\modules\imageManip.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002

I Downloaded MSJAVA.DLL from http://www.dll-files.com.
I profiled Dilate.exe again. There were still errors...

Some googling indicated I should install vcredist_x86.exe,
the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86),
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

There are still errors.
There is no setup program, so I was reading about deployment of the runtimes.

I found MSVCM80.DLL in 2 places;
D:\WINXP\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e 18e3b_8.0.50727.42_x-ww_0de06acd\
D:\WINXP\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e 18e3b_8.0.50727.163_x-ww_681e29fb\

But Dilate.exe still complained that MSVCM80.DLL (among others) was missing.

I found this article enlightening;
Bootstrapper for the VC++ 2005 Redists (with MSI 3.1)
http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/vcredists_x86.asp

here's a key paragraph;

Finally, the C and C++ runtimes are now implemented as Side-by-Side DLLs. It's no longer enough to copy MSVCR80.DLL/MSVCP80.DLL/MSVCM80.DLL
(from now on called the CRT DLLs) into the System32 directory. You must now load the CRT DLLs through a manifest. If you attempt to load the
CRT DLLs without using a manifest, the system will detect this, raise an R6034 assertion, and abort(). That's why the CRT DLLs are now located
in WinSXS and not in the System32 directory.

It seems to me that you didn't compile a manifest into IMAGEMANIP.DLL, and it's required?

Maybe this can help...

VC++ Deployment;
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zebw5zk9(VS.80).aspx
Dave44FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:42 PM   #131
letkemanp
letkemanp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader
Program hangs sometimes

Sometimes this program hangs, in one DOS window with a title of 0551..E displaying the following message:

I've left it alone for 30 minutes or more and it still does not complete.

I tried many different PDF files and sometimes it works fine, other times it does not. Sometimes it stops early in the conversion, before page 30, other times it stops about two thirds done. Sometimes it does not work on a file, then I try it again and it works fine. I noticed that if I to go the task manager can kill
gswin32c.exe then the process continues, however that make one page/image blank. I noticed this with version 2.1.4, 2.1.6 and 2.2.1. I think this is a problem with gswin32c.exe but I'm unsure what I can do to help you out.

When the program does work it does a great job, so thanks and please keep up the good work.
letkemanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #132
pfolger
pfolger began at the beginning.

"haha... is there anyone here for whom 2.2.1 IS working??"

alex_d said "haha... is there anyone here for whom 2.2.1 IS working??"

I have DL'd 4 different versions of this software and have never got it to work. I know it's hard to complain about free software and all the hard work Alex is putting in to this project, but I'm having the same problems that everyone else seems to have 2 pages etc. I reinstalled .NET 2.0 etc.

Is there a commercial app available to buy that achieves the same result? Anyone? Sony!?!

TIA
pfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #133
letkemanp
letkemanp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader
PDF to Image VB2005, C# 2.0 or VB6

alex_d I have source code and DLLs needed to convert PDF to a usable images e.g. jpeg, tiff, png etc. Did you want it and would it help out with PDFrasterFarian development? The DLLs are free, "Commercial use is not authorized without agreement" - From web site, and I know how to use them in VB6, VBScript and ASP. I'm sure with a little time I could get them working with VB2005 and C# 2.0.

Let me know,
Pete
letkemanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #134
cfishy
cfishy began at the beginning.

Device: SONY reader, Sprint PPC-6700
pdf rasterizing library?

Hi letkemanp,

Can I take a look at the source and dll? I wanna try my hand on these...

Thanks,
cfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #135
mosh
mosh began at the beginning.

Alex,

Can you please package the Dilate.exe .Net executable properly. It is not signed and adding it to the global assembly cache is not possible.

Please advise

Mosh
mosh is offline   Reply With Quote