Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #76
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
First I broke my pinky toe then I got the Sydney Stomach Flu and now my favorite freebie places have decided to stop posting.
My daughter (see name) didn't believe that was the name. even though I told her I read it. I actually got it, but for me, I have had it for 15 years!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #77
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Several new releases or re-releases from Harlequin:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?rh=n:154606...&sort=daterank
Wow, April 1 is going to be a party! Thanks, and K to you!
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #78
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
My daughter (see name) didn't believe that was the name. even though I told her I read it. I actually got it, but for me, I have had it for 15 years!
Yeah it's a really nasty one and no one is immune to it. I too hadn't had the stomach flu for years. It takes just 18 particles compare to the regular flu's 1000 to get sick. It lives on surfaces for days and only bleach and Lysol III (Possibly) will kill it. You have to scrub your hands and nails really good under really hot water for at least 30 seconds with soap and Hand Sanitizer wont do you any good.

I am deadly allergic to bleach.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #79
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Zoe Archer wrote The Blades of the Rose series which I thought was very good. Romance, action, and IIRC the female characters were strong.

Quote:
Do you like Steampunk Romance?

This series is written by a husband and wife team and published by Avon Impulse.

The Ether Chronicles:
  1. Skies of Fire by Zoe Archer $0.99
  2. Night of Fire by Nico Rosso $0.99
  3. Skies of Steel by Zoe Archer $2.99
  4. Nights of Steel by Nico Rosso $1.99

I have been collecting these. I haven't read any Steampunk yet but I got several Steampunk romances now. One of these days...
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #80
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Several new releases or re-releases from Harlequin:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?rh=n:154606...&sort=daterank
ZOMG the new Sarah Mayberry is free! *happydance*
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #81
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Goodings come to those who wait....then there's me that will pre-order anything by Ms Mayberry. :-)
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #82
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
OMG! Flowers from the Storm!!!! I haven't read any others of hers yet but I loved this one!
Well, I had to get it then! You give great recommendations
Old 03-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #83
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Yeah it's a really nasty one and no one is immune to it. I too hadn't had the stomach flu for years. It takes just 18 particles compare to the regular flu's 1000 to get sick. It lives on surfaces for days and only bleach and Lysol III (Possibly) will kill it. You have to scrub your hands and nails really good under really hot water for at least 30 seconds with soap and Hand Sanitizer wont do you any good.

It hit me just as I was about to step on the train. I ejected my breakfast on the sidewalk, and then went and sat down. I had really bad dry heaves, and someone handed my a tissue. But if it only takes 18 particles, I am sure I infected everyone. I think there are 60 passengers on a half a train car. Luckily, that is not a train I usually take, and I will make sure I don't take it again!

The funny thing about that flu was that it made me really stupid. Like, I couldn't remember how to tie my shoes. I couldn't remember the password for my blackberry, and almost wiped it. If I wasn't really sick, I would think it was a stroke or something. Luckily, the next day, I was ok. Or as mentally sharp/dull as I was before the Sydney Flu.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #84
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Flowers from the Storm is arguably the best Kinsale I've read, although Midsummer Moon is actually my favorite. IMO Seize the Fire should be avoided for sheer ridiculousness, but one person's ridiculousness is someone else's favorite (see Midsummer Moon above, which is possibly just ridiculous in the way I like). Flowers from the Storm is not ridiculous at all, but very good and angsty.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #85
Joykins
Wizard

Quote:

I have a way that seems to limit the household transmission of this virus, but the first step is buying a lot of latex gloves and bleach (or Lysol III). You give the sick person their own bathroom for the duration, and sanitize it before anyone else uses it. Also just very careful handling and sanitizing things the sick person touches when they're sick before putting them back in use. I strongly suggests my sick kids stay in their own rooms until they feel better but we will bring them a TV/movies/games and anything they want there (flat coke! jello!) and don't let siblings bug them, so they kind of like it once they're done puking.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #86
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
It hit me just as I was about to step on the train. I ejected my breakfast on the sidewalk, and then went and sat down. I had really bad dry heaves, and someone handed my a tissue. But if it only takes 18 particles, I am sure I infected everyone. I think there are 60 passengers on a half a train car. Luckily, that is not a train I usually take, and I will make sure I don't take it again!

The funny thing about that flu was that it made me really stupid. Like, I couldn't remember how to tie my shoes. I couldn't remember the password for my blackberry, and almost wiped it. If I wasn't really sick, I would think it was a stroke or something. Luckily, the next day, I was ok. Or as mentally sharp/dull as I was before the Sydney Flu.
Oh your poor thing! It hit me a 5AM when I was going to bed. I was reading and then I thought I was having a heart attack. It gave me the worst GERD (Heartburn) that went into my left arm and back. It hit me in waves at first which is why I was really scared. I knew a lady who died from a Heart attack because she had similar symptoms. I took my vitals then I woke my husband up who sat with me till I had to hobble to the bathroom again and again and again. I had just broken my pinky toe so I was also in pain. I am now just trying to eat regular food again. I was on a Clear Liquid diet for most of the week. My poor toe is black and blue and my foot is swollen. It sure has been a long week!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #87
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I have a way that seems to limit the household transmission of this virus, but the first step is buying a lot of latex gloves and bleach (or Lysol III). You give the sick person their own bathroom for the duration, and sanitize it before anyone else uses it. Also just very careful handling and sanitizing things the sick person touches when they're sick before putting them back in use. I strongly suggests my sick kids stay in their own rooms until they feel better but we will bring them a TV/movies/games and anything they want there (flat coke! jello!) and don't let siblings bug them, so they kind of like it once they're done puking.
That's hard to do with a 270 pound man living in a open floor plan apartment and sharing a bedroom. When he had the flu I did everything right and didn't get it but this stomach flu it's like there is no stopping it. It's that contagious I caught it within two days after he had it.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #88
Joykins
Wizard

We had my daughters 4th birthday party with 21 family & friends about 5 years ago--17 got sick in the next few days, we think it was because a kid at the house was sick the day before. We think it was norovirus too. Really contagious stuff! Also embarrassing to have the party that got everyone sick but fortunately none of the elderly/frail guests got it.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #89
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
We had my daughters 4th birthday party with 21 family & friends about 5 years ago--17 got sick in the next few days, we think it was because a kid at the house was sick the day before. We think it was norovirus too. Really contagious stuff! Also embarrassing to have the party that got everyone sick but fortunately none of the elderly/frail guests got it.
It really is but I never get it. I am just immune till this strand.
Doctors are calling it a Superbug. They don't even know how long a person stays contagious with the Sydney strand!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #90
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Stuff like this makes me glad I rarely leave the house. I just make sure my roommate tells me if any of that day's customers were sick so I know to stay away from him just in case. (He's a residential electrician.) When I get sick, even with the common cold, I'm about useless for at least a week. Fortunately, here lately it's only happened about once per year.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote