Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-18-2018, 11:00 PM   #1
PingoRay
PingoRay began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Can't load books into Calibre epub editor?

Hi, I am new at using Calibre, so maybe i just haven't figured out the proper thing to do. When I right click on an epub title and select the "edit book" button it takes me to a new pane that says "Double click a file in the left pane to start editing it." Only problem is there is no left pane and no files to select.

I have tried everything I can think. including selecting numerous different epub titles to edit without any luck. I have also looked through the forum for help. Also tried uninstalling and re-installing Calibre. What am I doing wrong?
PingoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:04 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
On the menu (of the editor)
View: File Browser <tick>
(table of contents is another standard default)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2018, 12:00 AM   #3
PingoRay
PingoRay began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Thank you very much. I figured it was probably something simple like that. Nothing like technology to make one feel like a fool.
PingoRay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blank beginning pane, can't edit epubs