Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #31
sarah11918
Edge User

The Motion L-Series is excellent as a full-sized, grown-up pen, now that I've had it a few weeks. The eBay delivery wasn't lightening fast to Canada, but the kit came with extra tips etc. So, no worries from that eBay dealer.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #32
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJReader View Post
So does the pen from the Intuos3 work on the eDGe?
No, the OEM pen for Intuos does not work. As other posts mention, look for the Motion computing LE series pens. They're nice and hefty -- end pen-like.

LE Series Pens work

Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #33
fgruber
Edge User

I tested the pen of the HP Tm2t and it worked with the pocket edge. Runs for around $30 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Digitizer-Pen...ht_2098wt_1139

Old 01-31-2011, 12:23 AM   #34
nbfsinger
Edge User

Can anyone help out here? I was able to order my Edge via Amazon but can not purchase any of the recommended styli recommended in this tread as they will not ship to South Africa (go figure!!!!). Of course trying to source an item like this locally is near impossible. Anyone know who might ship to our little back water?

Old 01-31-2011, 01:39 AM   #35
cheyennedonna
Edge User

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
This stylus works, it's just not as pretty as the Motion Computing product. It is a little bit slimmer too.

Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 09:21 AM   #36
borisb
Edge User

You can also try Ebay for sellers that are selling "Wacom penabled" pens (or the Motion Computing pen) and ship to South Africa...

If you find a listing but aren't sure if the pen will work with the eDGe, just post the link here and someone can take a look at it for you.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #37
Tom
Edge User

I just got a Wacom "Penabled Tablet Pc Clip Pen" and it works great on my Pocket Edge; feels just like a regular pen.
Not only does it have a clip so I can put it in my pocket, but it has a tether hole so I can wear it around my neck (which is connected to my head so maybe I won't lose it )
It also comes with 5 replacement tips, which helps to soften the $30 price tag compared to the same price for the replacement stylus 3-pack.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #38
sarah11918
Edge User

I remember how awesome it felt to use my stylus after it arrived. And whenever I think my boot up time is a little long or the edge is a little heavy, once that pen is in my hand I forget all my complaints. It's definitely an experience-improver! Well worth the investiment, imo.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #39
Dr. T
Edge User

I would completely agree with Sarah.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #40
hz_minhas
Edge User

Hi people! Just lost my stylus after successfully retaining for whole two weeks since arrival of my Edge . I am currently living in Munich where I can't get delivery from the edge store. I looked on German ebay and amazom and the cheapest option is Wacom Volito 2 Pen. Any one has any idea of it working on e-ink side?

Old 03-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #41
Filark
Edge User

Did you see http://entourageedge.eu? I am pretty sure they have replacement styli, if you just want the same thing you lost. The rest I do not know about.

Good luck!

I haven't lost mine yet (one week), but it's been in danger a few times . . .

Last edited by Filark; 03-07-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #42
borisb
Edge User

It's hard to say. The Bambo and Intuos pens don't work, and these are similar products.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #43
mauricio ibacache
Edge User

The Digitzer C5 pen from Motion Computing works very nice with the EE. I got mine in Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/r...5?a=B000S18F76

Old 03-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #44
Hopi
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hz_minhas View Post
Hi people! Just lost my stylus after successfully retaining for whole two weeks since arrival of my Edge . I am currently living in Munich where I can't get delivery from the edge store. I looked on German ebay and amazom and the cheapest option is Wacom Volito 2 Pen. Any one has any idea of it working on e-ink side?
Have you tried this one in The Netherlands:
http://www.ebookreaderstore.nl/acces...stylus-pennen/

I just checked and they have the eDGe replacement stylus for sale: 15 euros for one stylus and 30 euros for a 3-pack. I think they ship within the EU.

If, however, you want the Motion L series pen and can't find a retailer who will ship to Munich, try to get in touch with the UK retailer. The following contact info was given to me by a Motion Computing rep:

Box Technologies Ltd (UK)
Tel: 01844 264009
Email: aurelie.elwell@boxtechnologies.com

I haven't tried contacting them as I had a US friend buy the pen for me who also very kindly took care of having it shipped to UK.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #45
Hopi
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Did you see http://entourageedge.eu? I am pretty sure they have replacement styli, if you just want the same thing you lost.
This is the first time I come across an eu site for entourage. Thanks for the head's up Filark. I checked out the store and they have the replacement stylus--but more expensive than in The Netherlands store. The shipping cost and the VAT might be the deal breaker though.

----------------------------------------------------
Uh-uh. Had I known that having 100 posts will suddenly transport me to another demographic, I would not have made this last post. Alefor (if I remember correctly) is right, you do get old fast in this forum.

Last edited by Hopi; 03-08-2011 at 08:33 PM.