Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 10-03-2015, 05:35 PM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
In fairness, there are numerous devices around which have glass screens and Wacom styluses and I don't recall it causing any problems. Provided the outer screen is sufficiently rigid (and there's no reason to suppose it wouldn't be), the pressure wouldn't be transmitted to the substrate.
Harry:

FWIW--I just happened to stumble across this discussion, it's not usually my bailiwick over here--my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga has a VERY scratched-up screen from an included Wacom Stylus. I, and about a bajillionty other Lenovo customers are VERY unhappy about it. I wish I'd noted the issue before I bought the laptop; while I really like it, I'm uber-cranky about it being scratched up, mere months into owning it. I'd have ordered a sep. screen cover for protection, had I know the cursed thing would scratch like THIS.

And, although I'm a keyboard POUNDER, I'm not heavy on a stylus, not at ALL. So...juz sayin'. Don't know if it has ANY relevance to this particular bluesky device or not.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:24 AM   #17
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Harry:

FWIW--I just happened to stumble across this discussion, it's not usually my bailiwick over here--my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga has a VERY scratched-up screen from an included Wacom Stylus. I, and about a bajillionty other Lenovo customers are VERY unhappy about it. I wish I'd noted the issue before I bought the laptop; while I really like it, I'm uber-cranky about it being scratched up, mere months into owning it. I'd have ordered a sep. screen cover for protection, had I know the cursed thing would scratch like THIS.

And, although I'm a keyboard POUNDER, I'm not heavy on a stylus, not at ALL. So...juz sayin'. Don't know if it has ANY relevance to this particular bluesky device or not.

Hitch
Sounds like a major design flaw - very annoying! I have had much better experience with the various e-ink tablets that I have used with stili in the past (made by Irex, Asus, Onyx and Hanvon - see my signature). Although the screens don't feel like glass, none of them have suffered any scratches, even after years of daily use. I wouldn't worry about the stylus damaging the screen.

On the other hand, I am seriously concerned about the software. You'd think it's not that hard to include the handful of functions that make a tablet suitable for handwriting... Well, experience shows otherwise. We'll see what these Czech guys come up with. I wrote them to offer my two cents' worth, but they didn't respond - hopefully they know what they are doing.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2016, 07:03 AM   #18
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Noteslate Shiro. On their website they promise shipping in August 2016 for pre-ordered items. It's now the end of September and I haven't heard anything, haven't received an email or newsletter from them... I didn't preorder one (too small for me), but I am curious whether they will deliver after the vaporware fiasco.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:39 AM   #19
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
Now, the website states that shipping is happening in March 2017. Wondering if anybody received a device.
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:29 PM   #20
Jmirko
Recovered collector

Yes, I would be very interested in that, too! The information I have so far does not look good:
- History of vaporware
- The last email I got from them was in January, asking for pre-orders
- Obsolete shipping dates on website
- Mailing address is a private house, not an office.

I am not implying that it's a scam, but I think it's it is not a confidence-inspiring scenario.
That said, I really hope they come through - both because we need devices like that, and also because it would be a pity if people lost faith in this kind of startups.

Last edited by Jmirko; 07-30-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Advert
Old 01-17-2018, 11:42 AM   #21
Jmirko
Recovered collector

Any updates on Noteslate, anyone?
I have not received any emails from them since January 2017, nothing new on their Facebook page...
If there is anyone who pre-ordered: are you getting any information, shipping date promises, refund options, anything?
I did not pre-order, but I am very interested in how this turns out. It seems that they put a lot of effort into the marketing, but failed to deliver - in contrast to Remarkable, who appeared much later but then actually brought to market a very similar product in a relatively short amount of time.