Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
holdit
Connoisseur
holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, IPad
Clean HTML from word

I have a word doc which I saved as html, I need to know how I can cleanup the html while retaining the same styling that was originally done in word.

Any help?

HI
holdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdit View Post
I have a word doc which I saved as html, I need to know how I can cleanup the html while retaining the same styling that was originally done in word.

Any help?

HI
Mods: This likely should move to the Workshop or ePUB forums.

@Holdit:

How much experience do you have in HTML and CSS? We'll need to know the answer before we can really give you any advice.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moving to workshop since the op did not claim EPUB
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #4
holdit
Connoisseur
holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, IPad
Sorry did not see this reply until now, yes it is for an epub.

I posted this in the Sigil forum.

R
holdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:13 AM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdit View Post
Sorry did not see this reply until now, yes it is for an epub.

I posted this in the Sigil forum.

R
Hi, holdit:

Can you answer my previous question? How much experience do you have in HTML and CSS? We will all need to know before we know how to answer your question. For example, if your experience is "little to none," that requires a far different answer than, "I've been writing websites by hand for 5 years," so if you could tell us, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Hitch
Old 10-09-2013, 05:29 AM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
See my signature, especially the add-in. It might be of help to you...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
See my signature, especially the add-in. It might be of help to you...
I'm at the "ready to give up" point on answering this; he posted the near-identical question in the Sigil forum again, this time, adding "so I can make an ePUB in Sigil" to it, and still hasn't told us whether he knows any HTML or CSS at all. Ducky moved it again, this time to the ePUB forum, instead of the Workshop forum. So, now, the question's in two places, and we still don't know:

Holdit: if you want answers, can you please tell us how much HTML and CSS experience you have?

Hitch