Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-21-2008, 09:28 AM   #1
Michele L.M.
Still learning
Michele L.M. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Michele L.M. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Michele L.M. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Michele L.M. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Michele L.M. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone 2G, iLiad 2 [no more]
Hide/Show tagged documents application

Hi all,

I don't know if someone else already came out with a solution for this. Anyway, here you are mine. I was annoyed by the fact that documents were accumulating in the Content Lister and I was unable to hide read documents. This app solves this issue by parsing the description of docs in a folder of your choice. If it finds a certain tag ("READ" by default) it hides the corresponding item. You can have a look at the screenshots to get a sense of how things work.

I would say that the app is easily extensible to support multiple paths and/or tags if people are interested. Let me know.

Regards,
Michele

Update:
Version 1.0 may corrupt READ-tagged documents in sub-subfolders. Version 1.1 solves this issue. Please update if you installed v1.0.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iLiad_080821_114227.png
Views:	365
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	15418   Click image for larger version

Name:	iLiad_080821_144435.png
Views:	387
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	15419   Click image for larger version

Name:	iLiad_080821_151713.png
Views:	361
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	15420   Click image for larger version

Name:	iLiad_080821_151940.png
Views:	397
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	15421  
Attached Files
File Type: gz hidetaggeditems_v1.1.tar.gz (27.2 KB, 288 views)

Last edited by Michele L.M.; 08-21-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Critical fix
Michele L.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Great idea!

How does it handle documents within folders? If all the documents within a folder are tagged, I suppose it'll still show a folder, right?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
Michele L.M.
Still learning
Michele L.M. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Michele L.M. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Michele L.M. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Michele L.M. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Michele L.M. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone 2G, iLiad 2 [no more]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Great idea!
Many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
How does it handle documents within folders? If all the documents within a folder are tagged, I suppose it'll still show a folder, right?
Right. Be aware I updated the app to fix a problem with subfolders. Please update in case.
Michele L.M. is offline   Reply With Quote