Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-04-2017, 02:59 AM   #1
utkarshj
Enthusiast
utkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 7
Info regarding Boyue T62Mega

Hi,
I am planning to upgrade to an Android eink reader. So I was choosing between the C67ML Carta 2 and T62Mega. As the T62Mega is cheaper, and other specs being almost identical, I am leaning towards it. Browsing the threads I found the post regarding the firmware updates for the T62 devices based on their models A,B,C, etc.

Can anyone currently owning this device confirm me the version number (letter) for the Mega, and if it can be upgraded to the latest firmware mentioned in the thread ?

Any other advice based on my selection of the devices is welcome too.
Is it a dependable device like the C67ML Carta 2?
If 300dpi is not that much of a big deal, I can consider others too.
My planned usage is browsing the net and annotating PDFs. I already have a kindle for smooth reading of ebooks.

Thanks..
utkarshj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #2
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I love eink, I've had several different ereaders, but for your purposes, eink stinks. I really do not recommend it for web browsing (many websites will be unreadable due to the fact that they're not optimized for monochrome displays) and while I don't recommend eink for PDFs, either, you would need one MUCH larger than the 6" you're looking at. At least a 10" ereader, and they're very pricey.

I'd recommend an Android tablet if you don't want to spend your life frustrated trying to make eink do things it's not intended to do.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:09 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For browsing and PDF, got for an iPad.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #4
utkarshj
Enthusiast
utkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 7
Thanks for the replies. I bought a C67ML, as it was locally available. Its much more than what I was looking for

PS: I already have an android tablet, but eink is much easier on the eyes
utkarshj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:05 PM   #5
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Does anyone know another Boyue with carta screen has been launched? It's BOYUE Likebook Plus, with a 7.8'' screen and quad-core 1.5Ghz processor. https://es.aliexpress.com/item/BOYUE...OrigTitle=true

Last edited by viceant; 09-21-2017 at 02:10 PM. Reason: complete
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:23 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Does anyone know another Boyue with carta screen has been launched? It's BOYUE Likebook Plus, with a 7.8'' screen and quad-core 1.5Ghz processor. https://es.aliexpress.com/item/BOYUE...OrigTitle=true
For those who want to read the listing in English. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BOYU...4-300add2f0400
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c67ml, mega, t62