Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 11-21-2020, 06:42 AM   #1
salan54
salan54 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
ImportError on Calibre Server since last Debian update

Hi all,

I am running a Calibre Server on my Debian Server (Debian bullseye/sid - Linux 5.9.0-2-amd64) for a few years now, without problems. This morning, as each week, I updated my installation (apt update && apt upgrade). Since that upgrade (Through the process, Calibre was upgraded from5.4.2+dfsg-1 to 5.5.0+dfsg-1), Calibre-server fails with the following error :

Code:
user@ns1:~$ calibre-server --daemonize /home/user/CalibreLibrary
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/calibre-server", line 19, in <module>
    from calibre.srv.standalone import main
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/srv/standalone.py", line 14, in <module>
    from calibre.db.legacy import LibraryDatabase
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 18, in <module>
    from calibre.db.backend import DB, set_global_state as backend_set_global_state
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/backend.py", line 36, in <module>
    from calibre.utils.img import save_cover_data_to
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/utils/img.py", line 26, in <module>
    from calibre_extensions import imageops
ImportError: /usr/lib/calibre/calibre/plugins/imageops.so: undefined symbol: _Py_FatalErrorFunc
I then tried to uninstall calibre, calibre-bin along with all deps and proceed to a full re-install... to no avail : same error!

Is this a problem in the last Calibre upgrade... or a problem with my system? Any help welcome.

Thanks a lot
Salan54
salan54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:19 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Uninstall the debian package and install the official binaries from https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2020, 07:40 AM   #3
salan54

Hi @kovidgoyal,
Thanks a lot for your answer.
I followed your instruction and installed from the "official binaries" and it works... I suppose I will have to forget the no-less "official" Debian package and install new version from your website too. Is there a mechanism (RSS or other) to be kept updated for new versions?
Thanks again,
Salan54
Old 11-21-2020, 08:17 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre itself notifies you of updates, and there is an rss feed on the website as well.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:13 AM   #5
salan54

Found the RSS feed and subscribed. Thanks.
As I am only using calibre-server on a headless server, I have no access to the GUI.
Advert