Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-10-2020, 10:59 PM   #2356
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
The hyphenation code is updated, but no option yet to change specific properties. I'll see what I can come up with though.
Thanks. Saves me from having to remember to edit hyphenation.css when I update the driver.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:18 PM   #2357
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
New version posted, fixing an error with duplicating koboSpan IDs within a content file. I've also added some new hyphenation options; you can now control the minimum word length (default is 6 characters), the minimum number of characters before or after a hyphen (default is 3 characters for both), and the maximum number of consecutive hyphenated lines (default is 2, set to 0 for no limit).

I tried to leave Python 2 compatibility in place, and I haven't updated the minimum calibre version, but this release is not tested on calibre 4.x!
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2020, 09:52 PM   #2358
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Yeah I tried to edit the Collections column on the device. I didn't realize that wouldn't work.
On the topic, is there a way to modify the Kobo collections from within Calibre aside from re-uploading the books with a collection column enabled? I kind the interface on the Kobo itself a bit clunky.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-13-2020 at 09:56 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:53 PM   #2359
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
On the topic, is there a way to modify the Kobo collections from within Calibre aside from re-uploading the books with a collection column enabled? I kind the interface on the Kobo itself a bit clunky.
Huh? This is designed to be updated whenever the device is connected. You don't need to resend the books. Just configure the collection management in the driver and make sure the "Metadata management" option on the "Sending books to devices" page of the preferences is set to the automatic option.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:18 AM   #2360
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
New version posted, the conversion process is now multi-threaded. Translations are now hosted here on Transifex, please contribute translations for any languages you're fluent in!
Request sent for trying to help with Spanish
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2020, 01:23 AM   #2361
druss67
Connoisseur
druss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 4, PBk Lux 2, PBk Lux 3, K Aura, K Libra H2O, K Libra2
Hello,

Happy to contribute. Request sent for French 🇨🇵

Envoyé de mon SM-A405FN en utilisant Tapatalk
druss67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 03:54 PM   #2362
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Huh? This is designed to be updated whenever the device is connected. You don't need to resend the books. Just configure the collection management in the driver and make sure the "Metadata management" option on the "Sending books to devices" page of the preferences is set to the automatic option.
That's weird. I have a #kobocoll column (tag-like) set as the Collections column, and in KTE's settings I have it set to "create collections" and "delete empty bookshelves."

I also made sure that "Update metadata on the device" was checked.

If I add an entry to #kobocoll before uploading the book to the device, it appears on the Kobo fine.

But here's where I have trouble:

1. I have the device unplugged. I modify the #kobocoll with a new entry for some of the books I know are on my device.
2. I plug in the device.
3. Wait for Kobo Utilities to update my Calibre columns, do a reading list sync if needed, and then eject the device.

But the newly-added collections don't appear on the device. Did I miss a step somewhere?

EDIT: I figured it out. Somehow it got switched over to manual management in the Calibre settings. I was looking in the wrong place.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-14-2020 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:28 PM   #2363
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
That's weird. I have a #kobocoll column (tag-like) set as the Collections column, and in KTE's settings I have it set to "create collections" and "delete empty bookshelves."

I also made sure that "Update metadata on the device" was checked.

If I add an entry to #kobocoll before uploading the book to the device, it appears on the Kobo fine.

But here's where I have trouble:

1. I have the device unplugged. I modify the #kobocoll with a new entry for some of the books I know are on my device.
2. I plug in the device.
3. Wait for Kobo Utilities to update my Calibre columns, do a reading list sync if needed, and then eject the device.

But the newly-added collections don't appear on the device. Did I miss a step somewhere?

EDIT: I figured it out. Somehow it got switched over to manual management in the Calibre settings. I was looking in the wrong place.
The last thing is the most common reason for collections not to be updated. And in the driver configuration, the collection management and "Update metadata on the device" options are completely independent. The settings of one do not affect the other. If you find they do, it is a bug and I'll need detail to fix it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:09 PM   #2364
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I switched it to automatic management and it updated my collections.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:20 PM   #2365
psychogator
psychogator began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Database version unsupported

I got Kobo Libra H2O yesterday and set up the various plugins. I was able to transfer books with no problem. Today I tried to configure the touch extended plugin to manage shelves and collections and I started to get an unsupported database error. Did I do something wrong or is this device too new. I saw that there is an option to use early firmware is that what I need to select. If so what are the potential issues. I assume its from my trying to configure the plugin since I didn't get the error message yesterday, but I think I undid all the changes I made and am still getting the error. Any help appreciated. Error message below.

calibre, version 4.23.0
WARNING: Failed: Kobo database version unsupported - See details

Your Kobo is running an updated firmware/database version. As calibre does not know about this updated firmware, database editing is disabled, to prevent corruption. You can still send books to your Kobo with calibre, but deleting books and managing collections is disabled. If you are willing to experiment and know how to reset your Kobo to Factory defaults, you can override this check by right clicking the device icon in calibre and selecting "Configure this device" and then the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option. Doing so may require you to perform a factory reset of your Kobo.
Device database version: 161.
Device firmware version: (4, 24, 15676)
psychogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 01:57 PM   #2366
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

It happens somewhat frequently. The Kobo firmware updates, but Calibre doesn't catch up until its next update.

Customize KoboTouchExtended > Metadata, on device & advanced > Attempt to support newer firmware.

Things might break if Kobo changes the database structure. I've never had it happen in the six years I've been using it. If it does break, a factory reset and restoring a backup from Kobo Utilities should work.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-16-2020 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:13 PM   #2367
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Additionally if EVER a Kobo f/w upgrade changes the db structure in such a way as to break calibre, rest assured it will have been posted about on these forums (and trust me, there will by that time have been discussions with Kobo developers as to why the heck have they done that).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 02:33 PM   #2368
psychogator
psychogator began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
What is the best way to back it up. I see the option to back up daily or on each connection. Is one better than the other? And is it calibre that needs to update or the plugin, because I am delaying updateing to 5... until dedrm plugin is supported. And I was running 4.whatever yesterday with no issue. Thanks
psychogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 02:45 PM   #2369
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Kobo Utilities can manage it for you. I have it do it once a day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-10-16 15_44_55-Customize Kobo Utilities.png
Views:	177
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	182797

If you plug in multiple times a day, you might want to do it each connection.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-16-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:58 PM   #2370
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
4.23 will never catch up with the Kobo firmware. So check the firmware threads to make sure that 4.23 is compatible. But 4.23 does work with the current 4.24.x firmware.

@psychogator, before you decide upon KePub, also check out ePub. There are differences between the two and you should try both before you ecde which you like better especially since you just got your Kobo.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one