Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-02-2020, 12:11 AM   #2416
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
No quotation marks.

I think the Kobo wifi sync thing ran at some point between the two connections. Could that have restored the collection?
Kobo syncs the collections and which purchased books are in the collections. It does not sync anything about the sideloaded books. If you sign out of the device and back in, the collections will all be created, but, they will have no sideloaded books in them.

If the driver deletes a collection, it does it in a way that should mean it will be deleted on the server when you sync. You could probably come up with an order of syncing and connecting to calibre that will confuse things. And if there is a second device involved, it gets a bit more confusing. I don't have the delete empty collections selected as I don't have the same books on all my devices. That was causing collections to disappear when I connected a device with only a few books and then synced it and the others.

The handling of this isn't perfect as there are two distinct systems involved and they don't necessarily work by the same rules.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-02-2020 at 12:23 AM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:36 AM   #2417
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't have the delete empty collections selected as I don't have the same books on all my devices. That was causing collections to disappear when I connected a device with only a few books and then synced it and the others.
Interesting... I wonder if I've been bit by this and not realized it.
I assume the collections deleted from the kobo server would be recreated by calibre on next sync with calibre?

I'm not sure if I have any collections on only one device, I'll have to check that and watch for it.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:50 AM   #2418
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Interesting... I wonder if I've been bit by this and not realized it.
I assume the collections deleted from the kobo server would be recreated by calibre on next sync with calibre?
If calibre deletes the collection, it will be deleted from the server during the next sync. If calibre creates a collection and you delete it on the device, or delete it on another device and sync, then calibre will create it the next time the device is connected, assuming the books are still on the device.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:38 AM   #2419
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Would it be possible to tell calibre to delete the collection on the device but NOT propagate that deletion to the kobo servers? Or, maybe, have a list of collections that it doesn't ever delete even if empty (similar to the existing list of ones it ignores on the device), or maybe not delete them if there are books in the calibre library (but not on device) in the collection?

I don't want to turn off the option in case I rearrange my collections, but at the same time, I don't want collections on my other device deleted if there are still books in it... :-/

I suppose I could turn off the option and turn it back on if I notice piles of empty collections. But it wouldn't be too hard for me to do a couple of searches and generate a list of collections to leave alone that aren't shared between devices.

I wonder if churn of collections not mutually shared is causing my long sync times.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:12 PM   #2420
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Kobo syncs the collections and which purchased books are in the collections. It does not sync anything about the sideloaded books. If you sign out of the device and back in, the collections will all be created, but, they will have no sideloaded books in them.
All of the books in the collection were purchased. (I'm just keeping it around on Calibre for searching/column icon reasons; I can just use the 'purchased' filter on the Kobo itself.)
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:56 PM   #2421
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Has anybody else had subtitle template issues with KoboTouchExtended?

this template in the subtitle results in a bunch of books being subtitled "PLUGBOARD TEMPLATE ERROR" when it shouldn't.

EDIT: It was user error. The template was valid. But I made an initial mistake and then when I fixed it it didn't blank out the errored subtitles.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-02-2020 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-02-2020, 03:16 PM   #2422
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I have a #subtitle field (in Calibre), and the extended driver just works with that
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:22 PM   #2423
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Would it be possible to tell calibre to delete the collection on the device but NOT propagate that deletion to the kobo servers?
There is no way to put a collection on a device so that it doesn't sync.
Quote:
Or, maybe, have a list of collections that it doesn't ever delete even if empty (similar to the existing list of ones it ignores on the device), or maybe not delete them if there are books in the calibre library (but not on device) in the collection?
That's complicating things way to much. It would need extra options to say which collections to treat in these ways and which not to. I'm not interested in going that way.
Quote:
I don't want to turn off the option in case I rearrange my collections, but at the same time, I don't want collections on my other device deleted if there are still books in it... :-/

I suppose I could turn off the option and turn it back on if I notice piles of empty collections.
That is the simplest thing to do. Do you really change the collections that much that you would see this happening frequently?
Quote:
But it wouldn't be too hard for me to do a couple of searches and generate a list of collections to leave alone that aren't shared between devices.

I wonder if churn of collections not mutually shared is causing my long sync times.
The more changes made, the more things to sync, the longer it takes. But, I doubt if this is where the time is. If you watch the sync, it shows the stages and you can see which is taking the time.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:54 PM   #2424
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I'm still getting the phantom 0-books collection, though the wifi on my modem is crapping itself so I can't test the Kobo sync theory. It's not that big a deal anyways so I'll just leave it alone.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:31 AM   #2425
compurandom
Guru

Quote:
Do you really change the collections that much that you would see this happening frequently?
I have too many tags on my books. I periodically go through and weed out tags with one or two books or merge tags or eliminate them completely.

On top of that, some tags (especially ones under News) have a lot of churn where I'd read everything under the tag and then it'd get deleted. There's not really any point in deleting those.

Quote:
If you watch the sync, it shows the stages and you can see which is taking the time.
I'll have to watch that, but I've never noticed it changing. Or maybe I've just never checked the pull down once I triggered the sync.

edit: it seems to do "Checking for updates..." forever and then maybe times out.

Last edited by compurandom; 12-03-2020 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-04-2020, 03:25 AM   #2426
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Another question: When re-uploading a book with "do not treat replacements as new books" unchecked, is it normal behaviour for it to regenerate the cover from the epub/kepub file? Newly-uploaded books have an uploaded cover.
Old 12-04-2020, 03:51 AM   #2427
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Another question: When re-uploading a book with "do not treat replacements as new books" unchecked, is it normal behaviour for it to regenerate the cover from the epub/kepub file? Newly-uploaded books have an uploaded cover.
This has the same problem as for collections. When the device detects that the book has changed, it removes nearly all evidence that the book was there before. That includes collections, the cover, the reading status and the annotations.
Old 01-01-2021, 11:04 AM   #2428
Greyhunter
Greyhunter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hello, I just realised that I got the same problem with KoboTouchExtended as with KePub Output, the extension is not anymore in my Calibre since last update and Im am unable to reinstall it, i've got the following message:

Code:
calibre, version 5.8.1
ERREUR : L’installation de l’extension a échoué: Un problème est survenu lors de l’installation de cette extension. Cette extension va être maintenant désinstallée. Veuillez svp bien vouloir poster le message d’erreur détaillé ci-dessous dans la discussion du forum relative à cette extension et redémarrer calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 709, in _install_clicked
  File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 472, in add_plugin
  File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
  File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 293, in load
  File "importlib\__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
  File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 192, in exec_module
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 9, in <module>
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 25, in <module>
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 49, in <module>
  File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 119, in load_translations
  File "gettext.py", line 261, in __init__
  File "gettext.py", line 456, in _parse
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
My Calibre is up to date but in French, it seems that for KePub Output it was the source of the problem:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...220565&page=30

Thanks a lot and all the best for 2021!
Greyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 04:53 PM   #2429
HenriFred
HenriFred began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhunter View Post
Hello, I just realised that I got the same problem with KoboTouchExtended as with KePub Output, the extension is not anymore in my Calibre since last update and Im am unable to reinstall it, i've got the following message:

Code:
calibre, version 5.8.1
ERREUR : L’installation de l’extension a échoué: Un problème est survenu lors de l’installation de cette extension.
[...]

Traceback (most recent call last):
  [...]
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 49, in <module>
  File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 119, in load_translations
  File "gettext.py", line 261, in __init__
  File "gettext.py", line 456, in _parse
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
My Calibre is up to date but in French, it seems that for KePub Output it was the source of the problem:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...220565&page=30

Thanks a lot and all the best for 2021!
Hello,
I have the exact same problem : Calibre up to date (5.8.1) in French, and the extension KoboTouchExtended has disapeared since last update.
Can I help with some logs or something ? Just tell me where I can find a log file.

Thanks for this extension.
Happy new year !
HenriFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 05:46 PM   #2430
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriFred View Post
Hello,
I have the exact same problem : Calibre up to date (5.8.1) in French, and the extension KoboTouchExtended has disapeared since last update.
Can I help with some logs or something ? Just tell me where I can find a log file.

Thanks for this extension.
Happy new year !
The problem is with translations. Switch your Calibre to English and the plugin will show up.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one