Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2023, 01:02 PM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Personally I'd use PW3 rather than Gen 7. Or Oasis 2. Amazon's naming doesn't help anyone. At least they stopped calling a Fire a Kindle Fire.

So JSWolf was making a valid point, but inaccurate to claim PW 7 is totally wrong (it's confusing!).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 02:44 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Personally I'd use PW3 rather than Gen 7. Or Oasis 2. Amazon's naming doesn't help anyone. At least they stopped calling a Fire a Kindle Fire.

So JSWolf was making a valid point, but inaccurate to claim PW 7 is totally wrong (it's confusing!).
If I was new here and saw PW7, I would think PW 7th version and not PW 7th Gen.

PW7 is incorrect as we go by device number, not device generation.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2023, 08:04 AM   #18
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If I was new here and saw PW7, I would think PW 7th version and not PW 7th Gen.

PW7 is incorrect as we go by device number, not device generation.
Of course, it doesn't help that the numbering is something that MR basically made up, so nobody new here is ever going to know what it is. (Not that there was a real choice -- Amazon's naming is so ludicrously confusing that their names are impossible to use for anything. Which Kindle do you have, a New or an All New, or the newer New they brought out after the All New?)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote