Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-02-2023, 11:07 AM   #16
archz2
Connoisseur
archz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen) - 6", OnePlus 9RT - MoonReader Pro
So how do I use this file in the terminal? Can you please share the step by step process?
archz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 11:40 AM   #17
archz2
Connoisseur
archz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura about

Bump...
Advert
Old 11-13-2023, 12:29 PM   #18
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
post #11 tells you how to use calibre to run it.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 12:35 PM   #19
archz2
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
post #11 tells you how to use calibre to run it.
Sorry again, I am totally clueless. I type the following command in windows terminal or some terminal in calibre?

[C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe]calibre-debug gather_chapter_notes.py html1 [html2, ...]

How do I choose the py file and how do I choose the html to clean?

Can you please share the step by step process? I have never used these kind of python files in terminal.
Old 11-14-2023, 01:39 PM   #20
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
I do not use windows and can not help with this.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2023, 02:13 PM   #21
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by archz2 View Post
Sorry again, I am totally clueless. I type the following command in windows terminal or some terminal in calibre?

[C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe]calibre-debug gather_chapter_notes.py html1 [html2, ...]

How do I choose the py file and how do I choose the html to clean?

Can you please share the step by step process? I have never used these kind of python files in terminal.
I would suggest learning a bit about using the Windows CLI. There are quite a few decent tutorials available.

Easiest way would be to create a directory, copy gather_chapter_notes.py and the html files into that directory. Open a command prompt and follow the instructions. In the sample command line, substitute the actual path to calibre-debug and since the path has spaces use quote around it.

Code:
[path to calibre executables]calibre-debug gather_chapter_notes.py html1 [html2, ...]
would become something like:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre-debug.exe" gather_chapter_notes.py mynotes1.html mynotes2.html
Substitute the names of your Kindle notebook files for mynotes1.html, etc.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 10:04 AM   #22
archz2
Connoisseur

Thanks a lot! I understood now and was able to run the script successfully.

I have used command prompt before to run hard disk scans, error checks and commands like DISKPART before but I always used to follow instructions after searching for what I want.

This was a totally new experience for me. Thanks a ton for helping me out. Really appreciate!
Old 11-26-2023, 04:18 AM   #23
ereid777
ereid777 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Tool for simplified highlight + note exports

I created a tool that lets you export notes + highlights in .csv and markdown format

https://www.mykindletools.com/kindle-clipping-export

I haven't added functionality to exclude the location from the exported highlights/notes, but let me know if you would find this useful and I can add this feature!
ereid777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 04:48 AM   #24
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereid777 View Post
I created a tool that lets you export notes + highlights in .csv and markdown format

[URL Snipped]

I haven't added functionality to exclude the location from the exported highlights/notes, but let me know if you would find this useful and I can add this feature!
Use this at your own risk of security and privacy. This is not "local tool" but a random person with a website offering an online conversion.

There are plenty of better solutions.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote