Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-23-2022, 02:50 PM   #226
FourGold
Opinionated
FourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enough

Device: Pixel 7,Kindle Oasis,Fire 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
I don't know if I'm just not remembering things right, but my battery definitely depletes A LOT faster than it did before this UI update.

I'm a heavy reader, but charging every few days now instead of weekly is kinda annoying me. There was one time last week when I had to accompany my grandma to her physical therapy, and I found my Kindle at less than 20%.
Mine, too! It has gotten to the point that I was shopping for a new Oasis, but it was normal a few weeks ago before the update so I assume it's software. Is there any way to roll back to the previous version( I apologize if this has already been answered.)
FourGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 03:41 PM   #227
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourGold View Post
Mine, too! It has gotten to the point that I was shopping for a new Oasis, but it was normal a few weeks ago before the update so I assume it's software. Is there any way to roll back to the previous version( I apologize if this has already been answered.)
No, but following most updates, all of the on device content gets re-indexed. If one or more of the files is corrupted, the indexing job will keep running and drains the battery.

To check, search for ‘.’ (Period or any other punctuation character) in home/library and the ‘Text in Books’ result will not be empty. Go in there and it should list the book(s) with the issue. Delete these and re download (or side load if that’s how they got there).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2022, 06:02 AM   #228
FourGold
Opinionated
FourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enough

Device: Pixel 7,Kindle Oasis,Fire 8
You were right:thanks !
FourGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 01:34 PM   #229
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Unfortunately for me, the battery problem seems not related to indexing. I hope the new firmware update somehow fixes that.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 07:27 AM   #230
danield
danield began at the beginning.

Device: DP75SDI
Is it possible to download 5.14.2 as currently on Amazon website there is only the latest 5.14.3 and this version won't allow jailbreak ??
danield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2022, 03:37 PM   #231
dparker
dparker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by danield View Post
Is it possible to download 5.14.2 as currently on Amazon website there is only the latest 5.14.3 and this version won't allow jailbreak ??
Snap.
I just found this Amazon link and used it to upgrade mine!
dparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 03:57 AM   #232
Abish4i
The Escapist
Abish4i began at the beginning.

Device: PW4 (10th Gen), Android, Zorin(linux)
Anyone knows how to revert to older UI with ALL/Downloaded home view?
Abish4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 10:32 AM   #233
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abish4i View Post
Anyone knows how to revert to older UI with ALL/Downloaded home view?
Unless your Kindle is jailbroken, installing firmware with a lower build number than the current firmware is not permitted.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 12:49 PM   #234
Abish4i
The Escapist
Abish4i began at the beginning.

Device: PW4 (10th Gen), Android, Zorin(linux)
I tried changing chrome version but it always updates no matter what I do new UI eventually takes over old UI.

I tried so far changing chrome version and making file as read-only but that didn't work as well.
Abish4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 03:01 PM   #235
dkaine
dkaine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Is there anywhere I can download an older firmware? I've tried searching the forums but just getting links to Amazon's official firmware download site. I'm trying to download 5.14.2. TIA.
dkaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 04:33 PM   #236
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaine View Post
Is there anywhere I can download an older firmware? I've tried searching the forums but just getting links to Amazon's official firmware download site. I'm trying to download 5.14.2. TIA.
You may be able to download an older firmware version, but you have to have a jailbroken Kindle to install it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote