Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
What's a fair price...

For a used Touch?

I'm seriously thinking of upgrading to an Aura. The difference for my PDFs is astonishing, and I've been coveting ComfortLight since the Glo came out.

As part of the upgrade, I'm thinking I'll need to sell off my Touch. I can't see my wife going for the upgrade without getting some $ for the old reader.

I thought I'd ask around here to see what folks think would be a fair asking price. Personally, I don't think I could get anything more then $40 CDN.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
As long as it's in perfect condition I'd think you could get $50. That's basically half off of new and refurbs (at least here in the US) sell for $70.

Not that I have any idea what the used market's like. I keep my old devices as backup and to loan out books on.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I sold Kobo wifi for $40 last FEB. Said that was too much, then buyer said worth it to me.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
johnsnow
Fanboy
johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kobo Glo, Mini, Aura
I sold my Touch 6 months ago for 100 dollars with a cover. I think I got a pretty good deal. Now unfortunately I see lots of Glo's on kijiji brand new never used for around 100. With the Aura out now there are plenty of Glo models pretty cheap. I would expect to get maybe 65 or 75 dollars for a Touch.
johnsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #5
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I would buy a used KT for about $50 AUD, if it was in good condition.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2013, 04:22 AM   #6
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Check EBay and see what they're going for. I bought my Touch used on EBay, but got lucky and got it for ~$40 USD -after looking for a while, but I was being cheap as I just wanted to try one because of adjustable font weight since I had Nooks. If in good condition, I'd think it worth more, but like all things one is looking to sell it isn't worth a penny more than someone will pay you for it. Honestly, for $40, I'd keep it as a spare unless I could find one for that price anytime I wanted/needed to replace it. Throw it in the drawer and charge it up every 3-6 months.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:09 AM   #7
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Last February I loaned my last Kobo wifi loaded with over 2000 books to friend and later was given $40 to buy. I said that was too much. Was told having books alone was worth price for not having to find and load them.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote