Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-07-2008, 08:31 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
New Cases for the Kindle

Waterfield Designs announced 3 new cases for the Kindle yesterday. The third one is actually a gadget bag.

The Kindle Sleeve Case protects the Amazon Kindle with: high-grade neoprene; impact-resistant plastic to protect the screen; a sturdy, black, ballistic nylon shell; and a lightly padded closing flap. A rear, open-top pocket stows items such as the USB cable and ear buds. A subtle grey-black checked fabric trims the bottom of the case.

The Kindle Slip Case sports the same vibrantly colored, water-resistant material on its exterior as the Travel Case; a lightly padded, scratch-free liner; and impact-resistant plastic to protect the screen. In the Slip Case, the Kindle remains secure while still sliding in and out easily. The open top provides quick access.

The Kindle Travel Case is designed with padded, internal compartments to keep the Kindle, the power adapter, the clip light, and any additional accessories tangle-free and organized. Self-locking zippers on a front pocket and on the main compartment ensure that contents don’t spill out. Available in six vibrant colors, the water-resistant case maintains its thin, compact shape, even when fully packed.

http://www.sfbags.com/press/PR-06Feb2008.htm
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #2
PHugger
Connoisseur
PHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle 3G, Sony PRS-505
Hah! I finally beat you...... (c8

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=29

PCH
PHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHugger View Post
Hah! I finally beat you...... (c8

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=29

PCH
That doesn't count. You didn't start a new thread.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #4
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Well, these are nice, but what I'm still hoping for is a replacement for Amazon's cover, either by them or another manufacturer. One that will do better keeping the Kindle in it, and one that lets one put it in and remove it with less annoyance.

Keep your eyes peeled.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #5
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I was looking at these a few days ago... ick.

What's the bloody point? You can't actually use the device while using any of these. If I wanted a slip cover I have options already, these are just cheap, useless things.

It's early, and I'm grouchy, but I stand by that.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
gregr209
Enthusiast
gregr209 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505 / Kindle
What a waste! I want something I can put on my Kindle and still be able to read it. I was also looking for a replacement for the current Kindle cover :-( I guess we have to wait a bit longer. It is funny that the press release states that the current offering from Waterfield is what Kindle owners wanted....ummmm I don't think so. Try again Waterfield.

My 2 cents.
Greg

P.S. I do have to say what they are offering does look nice. So I'll give them that.
gregr209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
That doesn't count. You didn't start a new thread.
Maybe not, but it does count.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #8
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Yes, they look nice. Just not useful for what I'd need at all.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #9
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Not what I wanted, bummer.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #10
AlanF
AlanF began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have to agree. Not what I wanted either.
AlanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:11 PM   #11
Jiiri
Enthusiast
Jiiri has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle
I recognize I'm in the minority, but I actually don't mind the case it came with. I cut the corner tabs off with a razor blade and put velcro inside the case and on the back of the Kindle. Works wonderfully. I'd get a new case I guess if it looked nice - but like most people have said here I'd need to be able to read my Kindle while it's in the case.
Jiiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #12
Just4Fun
Enthusiast
Just4Fun began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle/iphone/ipad/Pocket Entourage/MacBook/Windows
I'm with Jiiri. I don't mind the Kindle's case. In fact, just from a cursory glance, I like the Kindle case better than these new cases. I read with my Kindle in it's case all of the time without any problem. I just loop the elastic binding over the bottom right hand corner and the Kindle seems to stay put for me. I'd consider a new case if it was along similar lines of the Kindle, but even more book like:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17437
Just4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #13
eBookNerd
Connoisseur
eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebookwise 1150, Kindle, Sony PRS 505
Smile

M-edge finally has the new Kindle cover ready to order and shipping on March 1, 2008.

Very, very nice!

http://www.buymedge.com/index.html
eBookNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:32 PM   #14
gregr209
Enthusiast
gregr209 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505 / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookNerd View Post
M-edge finally has the new Kindle cover ready to order and shipping on March 1, 2008.

Very, very nice!

http://www.buymedge.com/index.html
Now this is what I'm looking for! Thanks! Let us know how it works once you get it eBookNerd!

Greg
gregr209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #15
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
The tab rather than the elastic closing aside, how is this case different from the one that comes with the Kindle? I see the bottom tab in the picture, so I am assuming that the unit is secured in the same way. What would be the reason for buying this one?
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote