Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
bigike
bigike began at the beginning.

Device: PSP
NEWBIE 1st Thread PSP SUPPORT

Hey y'all. I've been using my psp to view ebooks for about 2years now. Many a book have fallen victim to my trusty psp.

2 day's ago i bought my first book, actually a three book trilogy Destoyermen... Got it and had to open with ADE.......... Didn't understand why. Then I couldn't convert it with ABC or Calibre. This is my first experience with the DRM nightmare.

Now i've read a bunch of threads saying that all you have to do is go into the My digital editions folder. Grab the epub and transfer it to the reader... But my psp doesn't register in the send to device tab...

Since i can't get python to install on my computer, and i'm offshore right now it would be nice to see if there was a app out there that would either transfer to the PSP or someway to turn it in to a PDB, that is my favorite way to view on the PSP.

Thank you,
bigike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigike View Post
Now i've read a bunch of threads saying that all you have to do is go into the My digital editions folder. Grab the epub and transfer it to the reader... But my psp doesn't register in the send to device tab...

Since i can't get python to install on my computer, and i'm offshore right now it would be nice to see if there was a app out there that would either transfer to the PSP or someway to turn it in to a PDB, that is my favorite way to view on the PSP.
Does your PSP show as a USB drive? If so, use the save to disk option to transfer books to your PSP.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
As far as I know the PSP (Playstation Portable Right???) does not have an epub reader, you need to remove the DRM and then you can convert it with calibre to pdb or whatever format you want.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote