Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
shrktank
Connoisseur
shrktank has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 650,Nook Color and iPad
Kindle to iphone to desktop?

I had a Kindle 1, which I bought books for. I had a iphone 3g which I moved some books onto. I then got a Kindle 2 and a iphone 3gs.

I have been able to convert some of the kindle books from the iphone onto my desktop using tools from other forums.

However some of the older books I have do not seem to recognize the PID for the iphone. I am wondering if perhaps these books were purchased on the older iphone and Kindle1, if the PID would be locked to the first iphone and Kindle
shrktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Each Kindle file is locked to a single device, i.e. it contains one PID. If the file came from your Kindle 1 it will have the Kindle 1 PID in it.

However, if you go to the "Manage your Kindle" page at Amazon you should be able to redownload all (or almost all) ebooks for a new device. If you have a Kindle, the file can be downloaded directly to your PC and it will have the Kindle PID in it. If you only have a iPhone, the files always go to the iPhone (and will contain its PID).

Note also that some Kindle ebooks don't have DRM, and so don't have a PID at all.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
shrktank
Connoisseur
shrktank has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 650,Nook Color and iPad
If no DRM then those should be able to be opened with no problems?
shrktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
dmanukr
dmanukr began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
so how to transfer from iphone to pc?
dmanukr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanukr View Post
so how to transfer from iphone to pc?
Get Iphonebackupextractor. Free version works fine as long as you move one file at a time only. Details have been discussed somewhere else in this forum several times. Search for them.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert