Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
m26k9
Enthusiast
m26k9 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help on installing apps in SD card in SmartQ7 / reformat

Hello guys,

I have been trying to install Okular in this for couple of days and I finally succeded, just to find out that there is not enough space.

I am using apt-get install because there is no single .deb package for it. There are dependencies that amount to about 135MB.

I have put a SD flash card.
Is it possible to use apt-get install and still install in the SD card?

If not, could someone direct me to a way to re-flash the device. I was installing libraries left and right and ran out of space. Now have no way of removing and re-installing this is the only way. Can I do that?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

Last edited by m26k9; 09-08-2009 at 12:34 PM.
m26k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:50 AM   #2
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter

Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by m26k9 View Post
Hello guys,
I have been trying to install Okular in this for couple of days and I finally succeded, just to find out that there is not enough space.
I am using apt-get install because there is no single .deb package for it. There are dependencies that amount to about 135MB.
I have put a SD flash card.
Is it possible to use apt-get install and still install in the SD card?
If not, could someone direct me to a way to re-flash the device. I was installing libraries left and right and ran out of space. Now have no way of removing and re-installing this is the only way. Can I do that?
Any help is appreciated.
Cheers.
If you have filled the internal memory it is probably better to re-flash and start again. If you read this thread here; https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=54988&page=2 from thread #22, it should help you get up and running again.
When installing apps you really should use something like apt-get or gnome-apt to avoid the 'Dependency Hell' that can arise otherwise.
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
m26k9
Enthusiast
m26k9 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nation.A.List View Post
If you have filled the internal memory it is probably better to re-flash and start again. If you read this thread here; https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=54988&page=2 from thread #22, it should help you get up and running again.
When installing apps you really should use something like apt-get or gnome-apt to avoid the 'Dependency Hell' that can arise otherwise.
Thanks heaps Nation. I flashed to Ver.4.0.
It seems much better.

Thanks again.
m26k9 is offline   Reply With Quote