Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-27-2015, 06:54 AM   #1
flufje
flufje began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I cannot transfer mobi ebooks to Kobo Glo HD on MACOSX

Hi there,
I recently bought a Kobo Glo HD and I'm very happy with it.
I have Calibre on Windows 8.1 and macosX.
With Calibre on Windows 8.1 I can transfer mobi ebooks to the ereader ( after correctly specify " mobi" in the device plugin ( in my case it was originally not selected )
If I do exactly the same thing, using Calibre on MacOSX ( yosemite ) Calibre will anyway try to convert the ebook ( .. yes, I restarted Calibre after making the changes in the plug in..=]).

Does anybody have an idea of why and how to fix this?

Thanks
F.
flufje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:00 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I can't think of a reason for that. Did you check that the mobi option was still selected after restarting calibre? Maybe something is preventing the changes from being saved. The only other thing I can think of is to run in debug mode and post the log when sending a book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2015, 08:06 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Convert them to epub first anyway - Kobo handles epubs smoothly, mobis have various glitches. And mobi->epub conversion is typically completely painless.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:35 AM   #4
flufje
flufje began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I agree about the conversion Meera and yes, davidfor, i checked and the mobi option was still selected..

I personally cannot think of a reason for this either..just whould like to understand and why this happen.

I'll run in debug mode and will post the log shortly

Thanks
flufje is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo glo hd, mac book pro, mac os x, mobi