Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
SurrealDelight
SurrealDelight began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Better e-book reader? (APP)

By this, I don't mean a nook or anything, this is more like an app. Are there any alternative reading apps? The one built in to the Kindle is simplistic and has very minimal features... I was wondering if there was an alternative e-book reader app to replace the built-in one.
SurrealDelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurrealDelight View Post
By this, I don't mean a nook or anything, this is more like an app. Are there any alternative reading apps? The one built in to the Kindle is simplistic and has very minimal features... I was wondering if there was an alternative e-book reader app to replace the built-in one.
Mantano is my choice but there are alot of choices but they are epub readers not Kindle books. I use Mantano. Nook has an app as well. It's okay and the other popular choice is Aldiko. These wont replace the built in Kindle reader.

Others are Cool Reader, BlueFire and For library books Overdrive Media Console.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
grvthang
Connoisseur
grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Fire, Droid Incredible2, Kindle Touch
Have you looked at the "Must Have Apps" thread? There are several mentioned there.
grvthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I've been a rather big fan of Cool Reader, myself. It's grown on me. I also enjoyed using Moon+ before settling on fbReader on my phone, but haven't gotten around to trying it on the Fire (if it's possible, that is).
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote