Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > ePub Books (offline)

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Tarkington, Booth: The Magnificent Ambersons (Illustrated). v1, 31 January 2012

Tarkington is best known for this novel, which won the 1919 Pulitzer prize. It was filmed by Orson Welles in 1942, remade for TV in 2002. It is included in the Modern Library's list of top-100 novels. The second volume in Tarkington's Growth trilogy, it contrasts the decline of the "old money" Amberson dynasty against the rise of "new money" industrial tycoons in the years between the American Civil War and World War I. A social commentary on the "aristocracy of wealth". (source: Wikipedia)

This is the second volume in Tarkington's "Growth" trilogy (3rd volume NOT availble from Project Gutenberg, but is available to borrow from OpenLibrary [affiliated with Internet Archive].)

This book is already in the Mobilread library in several formats, but I believe this is the first illustrated edition.

Any feedback is welcome!
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:57 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks again.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 04:39 AM   #3
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Thanks for doing this book, grannyGrumpy. (I'm sure you aren't!) Over the weekend I saw the film "Me and Orson Welles", which I enjoyed, and in it at one stage he read a passage from "The Magnificent Ambersons". That reminded me of the film, and sent me here to see if the book was in the library.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inheritance, mothers and sons, social change, social class