Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
LynnDC
LynnDC began at the beginning.

Device: none
Which readers now have a pearl ink model??

From what I can tell, it is just Kindle and Sony. Is this correct?
LynnDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnDC View Post
From what I can tell, it is just Kindle and Sony. Is this correct?
That's right.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 04:58 AM   #3
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's right.
I'm a bit puzzled. I've often seen the Sony's display being referred to as being pearl ink, however, according to my PRS-650's About page: "You are reading this on an E Ink® Vizplex TM display." Also, I don't seem to be able to find any reference to pearl in the User Guide. So, where does the reference pearl originate from? Could someone clarify this point, please?
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:37 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcorner View Post
I'm a bit puzzled. I've often seen the Sony's display being referred to as being pearl ink, however, according to my PRS-650's About page: "You are reading this on an E Ink® Vizplex TM display." Also, I don't seem to be able to find any reference to pearl in the User Guide. So, where does the reference pearl originate from? Could someone clarify this point, please?
Quote:
The Reader Touch Edition uses high contrast E Ink® Pearl technology on its anti-glare touch screen to deliver an amazing, paper-like display that's more like ink on paper and fully readable in direct sunlight.
Sony Reader Touch
Old 11-29-2010, 06:52 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Pearl screens are also Vizplex e-ink screens. Just a new type of screen.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks. Presumably Pearl was dreamt up by marketing people, just for the websites, as there appears to be no mention of it in the product itself, or user guides.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcorner View Post
Thanks. Presumably Pearl was dreamt up by marketing people, just for the websites, as there appears to be no mention of it in the product itself, or user guides.
You're welcome. The technology is owned by the E-Ink Corp and they're the ones who came up with the name.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:55 PM   #8
boxcorner
»(°±°)«

Quote:
You're welcome. The technology is owned by the E-Ink Corp and they're the ones who came up with the name.
Thanks for the interesting link, too.