Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Prevent calibre from using second monitor

I have a dual monitor setup. When I open a dialog, like "edit metadata", calibre puts it the dialog on the second monitor. Unfortunately, I don't want this since the second monitor is my TV/ So every time I use calibre, I have to switch to single monitor setup.

Is there a way to prevent calibre from using the second monitor? I see nothing in Preferences. thanks.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Dialogs are opened in the last displayed position.

When you have a dialog open, drag it back to the main monitor before closing it. The next time you open that dialog, it will reopen in the that position on your main monitor.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I have a dual monitor setup. When I open a dialog, like "edit metadata", calibre puts it the dialog on the second monitor. Unfortunately, I don't want this since the second monitor is my TV/ So every time I use calibre, I have to switch to single monitor setup.

Is there a way to prevent calibre from using the second monitor? I see nothing in Preferences. thanks.
Believe GRiker, I run 3 heads (WS,std,std portrait).
Calibre cover browser does weird stuff if you open Calibre on a different Aspect ratio or orientation monitor. Your primary monitor needs to be "normal" in a mixed lash-up
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote