Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-08-2009, 07:53 AM   #1
evwool
Connoisseur
evwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Palm M515, Palm VX, Kindle 3 WiFi
Plucker Fails to convert HTML docs via Word

I've just started using Plucker on my Palm M515. It works fine at downloading websites from BBC News and one or 2 others that are in Plucker's Showcase but other URLS pasted into it seem to fail most of the time with the message Failed to Produce a Homepage.

Also, I'd like to be able to convert Word documents into HTML and then into Plucker format so I can read formatted docs on my Palm. So far, Plucker fails to convert HTML docs produced via Word. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
evwool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Don't think so, some variants just don't seem to work.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #3
evwool
Connoisseur
evwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

thanks for the reply, BT.
I've found the solution to the Word problem at least. I'm using Word 2000 and I needed an MS download (which no longer downloads from their site) which does a better job of saving Word docs as HTML (msohtmf2.exe). Luckily it was available on another ftp site (Filewatcher)so now I can put my word docs on my Palm. I
've looked at Sunrise as another website downloader but it requires Java 1.4.2 which (guess what!) is no longer available and so far I've been unable to find a copy.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:30 AM   #4
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by evwool View Post
've looked at Sunrise as another website downloader but it requires Java 1.4.2 which (guess what!) is no longer available and so far I've been unable to find a copy.
Sunrise works fine with Java 1.5 or 1.6. Just click away the warning message during the installation...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by evwool View Post
thanks for the reply, BT.
I've found the solution to the Word problem at least. I'm using Word 2000 and I needed an MS download (which no longer downloads from their site) which does a better job of saving Word docs as HTML (msohtmf2.exe). Luckily it was available on another ftp site (Filewatcher)so now I can put my word docs on my Palm. I
The MS download is certainly still available. It was the first hit on google.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
By the way, this is a great find. The filter has a command line mode with lots of special features for fixing the html generated by Word. It is valuable even if you are not running Word 2000. It can, for example, extract a CSS out of the word generated HTML.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #7
evwool
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The MS download is certainly still available. It was the first hit on google.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

Dale
I went to that page, Dale and pressed the button and it took me to the 'Thanks for downloading' page but nothing actually downloaded
Old 05-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #8
evwool
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Sunrise works fine with Java 1.5 or 1.6. Just click away the warning message during the installation...
You are absolutely correct. It worked just fine when I ignored the warning message. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #9
evwool
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
By the way, this is a great find. The filter has a command line mode with lots of special features for fixing the html generated by Word. It is valuable even if you are not running Word 2000. It can, for example, extract a CSS out of the word generated HTML.

Dale
How do you use this filter, Dale? What's a CSS and why do you want to extract it? I've got a word document with a hyperlinked 'table of contents' at the start linking to parts of document. It works OK in html but for some reason, I'm getting an error message when I put it in Plucker and when I put it on my Palm, some of the hyperlinks work and some get me an 'External Link' error. All the ones that don't work start with a number eg 2.1, 1.8 before the text and link to a line of text that has Outline Numbering on in the Heading style. Any ideas?

Tags
homepage, html, plucker, word