Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 02-18-2018, 01:36 PM   #31
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Maybe, but I prefer to think the T103 was scrapped and then they designed this one.
They designed this one while the "older" T80s or Likebook plus has a much more advanced hardware?

I don't understand it.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:36 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
They designed this one while the "older" T80s or Likebook plus has a much more advanced hardware?

I don't understand it.
What I don't get is why they didn't redesign it to use more modern hardware/software under the hood.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:19 AM   #33
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:

I don't understand it.
exactly
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:32 PM   #34
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
The idea of having to deal with yet another incompatible USB cable instead of just sticking with pretty much good enough micro USB is not very welcome. But i'd have no more complaints than that regarding this ereader device.

To tell the truth, if i could have such a device with 227dpi@10.3" resolution including an SD card slot, and if it it came at a much more affordable price than that Onyx Boox Note everybody (your's truly included) is drooling over, i'd happily renounce any fast CPU offering.

At the end of the day i really only want such a device for reading well formatted PDF files at a decent resolution and maybe also some text notation. I'd buy it for nothing else and certainly wouldn't require anything resembling a full grown tablet replacement.

Additionally, as long as all those readers are crippled by some mediocre closed source software, even the fasted CPU option won't make them much more attractive.

Let's see what the price of this device will finally turn out to be and then let's decide about the actual usage priorities.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:01 PM   #35
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
To tell the truth, if i could have such a device with 227dpi@10.3" resolution including an SD card slot, and if it it came at a much more affordable price than that Onyx Boox Note everybody (your's truly included) is drooling over, i'd happily renounce any fast CPU offering.

At the end of the day i really only want such a device for reading well formatted PDF files at a decent resolution and maybe also some text notation. I'd buy it for nothing else and certainly wouldn't require anything resembling a full grown tablet replacement.
Sadly, such large reader with that old CPU don't match well, especially with pdf. You can search videos of Tolino Epos and see the poor performance managing pdf files.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:36 AM   #36
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
Quote:
Sadly, such large reader with that old CPU don't match well, especially with pdf. You can search videos of Tolino Epos and see the poor performance managing pdf files.
I own and use a Onyx Boox i86 since about a year. And while its performance for certain tasks may leave to be desired, for reading pdf files it served me well enough so far. Patience is a virtue, and as long as there is no need for speed while reading static pages, i definitely don't mind page turns and display buildup taking longer if the price of such a device is right. For anything other than static reading i'd rather use a laptop with a proper keyboard.

I'd only wish the software would be fully open source so that capable third parties would be able to raise its abysmal usage level to something more versatile. Something like a Cyanogenmod for eink devices would be just wonderful.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:42 PM   #37
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
I own and use a Onyx Boox i86 since about a year. And while its performance for certain tasks may leave to be desired, for reading pdf files it served me well enough so far. Patience is a virtue, and as long as there is no need for speed while reading static pages, i definitely don't mind page turns and display buildup taking longer if the price of such a device is right. For anything other than static reading i'd rather use a laptop with a proper keyboard.

I'd only wish the software would be fully open source so that capable third parties would be able to raise its abysmal usage level to something more versatile. Something like a Cyanogenmod for eink devices would be just wonderful.
If you want to read a pdf with images (charts, etc.) that help to understand its text and you can't see them at the same time, it is very annoying. Then, you need great speed/responsiveness.