Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-13-2013, 01:29 AM   #76
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lush View Post
I can't even log in to my account today.
Wanted to check the status of a pre-ordered (& pre-paid) ebook.
Try the main url

http://www.booksonboard.com/

I was able to get in mine that way. The URL posted at the beginning of the thread no longer works.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #77
Lush
Connoisseur
Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Kindle 3, KPW, iPad, iPhone
Thank you for the tip Blossom
Worked perfectly.
Lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #78
athenat
athenat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hello,
Can someone point me to a website that helps liberate my ebooks?
Thanks
athenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #79
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenat View Post
Hello,
Can someone point me to a website that helps liberate my ebooks?
Thanks
Google for Apprentice Alf's Blog.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #80
athenat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Google for Apprentice Alf's Blog.
Thank you!!!
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #81
athenat

Last question... thanks

Last edited by athenat; 04-23-2013 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Appropriate
Old 04-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #82
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Are you using kindle4mac?
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #83
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
I would (and do) strip all my ebooks for personal use to put on the machines I want to use
Well, yes, I agree and do so, but the AVERAGE person with an ereader doesn't know how to do so. Heck, most people I know do not even know of Calibre! I've educated a small group around me about removing DRM from both ebook and audiobook. They've taken to that easily given their experiences of going from VCR to DVD. They want to be able to read books they paid for years from now.

I keep wondering if I'm a harbinger of evil to these small places. I just find out about them, buy one or two ebooks or audiobooks, and suddenly, they are out of business. BOB is the third one. In any case, I'm 3/4 of the way through my Nook collection, downloading and removing the DRM and stuffing into Calibre. Just found out that I can do it on magazine subscriptions as well, but have to download to the Nook first and then drag onto the computer. I'll archive my Isaac Asimov and Ellergy Queen myself, thank you.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #84
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenat View Post
Last question... I downloaded everything from Apprentice Alf's blog but when I go to the Dedrm and it ask me to pick an ebook, I can't find my kindle ebooks.... I tried to download to my mac but I think I'm doing something wrong. I also tried to drag from mykindle to folder but it wouldn't do it either. Is there a way to get my kindle e-books on my mac itself not cloud? Or is there another way of doing this?...it won't let me add another device either. Thanks and hope I am making sense.
Detailed help with DRM removal tools isn't permitted at MobileRead. I suggest you ask at the blog where you got the tools.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #85
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They've deleted their Facebook and twitter accounts. I don't think B.O.B. is coming back despite what they said.

No one is answering on their Support Board questions either.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #86
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I still have $2.24 in my account there. Is it gone forever?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #87
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I still have $2.24 in my account there. Is it gone forever?
I pretty much think so. Someone on the support board lost $50 in gift card balance. I would be contacting my card company.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #88
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
They've deleted their Facebook and twitter accounts. I don't think B.O.B. is coming back despite what they said.
This sounds pretty final
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #89
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I didn't think they would be back. When small companies that go down that road it is usually fatal. They cannot get anyone to give any more capital at that point.

Another good ebook source gone. Fictionwise (we knew for a while) and now Books on Board. Whose next?
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #90
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I didn't think they would be back. When small companies that go down that road it is usually fatal. They cannot get anyone to give any more capital at that point.

Another good ebook source gone. Fictionwise (we knew for a while) and now Books on Board. Whose next?
I think the real question is who is left? I don't know many stores left other than the big ones Kindle, Nook, Kobo & Sony. I mean there is Smashwords but they are indie based. BOB was the last of the little guys.