Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
katzenstreik
Winged Ape
katzenstreik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.katzenstreik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.katzenstreik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2i
Update 2.5.3 for Kindle2i

This is for the International version of the Kindle2!
I just wanted to share my 2.5.3 update with everybody who doesn't have access to Amazon's whispernet. I got it via "Sync & Check for Items" two days ago.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1mh1m4zylnd

It's really small (57KB) and you have to have 2.5.2 installed in order for this to work. Just copy the bin in your Kindle directory, press Menu/Settings and then Menu/Update Your Kindle

If you don't have 2.5.2 already you can get it directly from Amazon:

2.5.2 bin for Kindle2 international

katzenstreik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks for sharing this with the community!
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)
NogDog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Is anyone aware of any K2-US which has upgraded to 2.5.3? I've only heard of it being on K2-Global and DX. Just curious.

(It sure would be nice if Amazon posted some sort of version release notes somewhere.)
NogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
Is anyone aware of any K2-US which has upgraded to 2.5.3? I've only heard of it being on K2-Global and DX. Just curious.
Not I. I only have a K2US and am still on 2.5.2.

Quote:
(It sure would be nice if Amazon posted some sort of version release notes somewhere.)
Communication with customers? No way!
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarknova View Post
Communication with customers? No way!
Silly me.
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenstreik View Post
I just wanted to share my 2.5.3 update with everybody who doesn't have access to Amazon's whispernet. I got it via "Sync & Check for Items" two days ago.

It's really small (57KB) and you have to have 2.5.2 installed in order for this to work. Just copy the bin in your Kindle directory, press Menu/Settings and then Menu/Update Your Kindle

Posted a link at http://www.kindleboards.com/index.ph...c,27092.0.html and acknowledged katzenstreik.

Thanks (again)!
jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:44 PM   #7
katzenstreik
Winged Ape
katzenstreik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.katzenstreik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.katzenstreik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2i
You're all very welcome. Thought I could help out, since I got my 2.5.2 from luvmy4brats...

Thanks for linking here on kindleboards, jglerner!
katzenstreik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #8
Granvillen
Enthusiast
Granvillen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2i., K3
Thanks to both of you for sharing. WN now off, life is good!
Granvillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
This is a great community when people share so willingly, and also acknoweldge other's efforts! Well done to Luvmy4brats, katzenstreik and not to forgot those clever people who develop the ss and font hacks!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:50 PM   #10
pat.indie
Enthusiast
pat.indie is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2, enTourage eDGe, 10" ASUS Netbook
I wonder if anyone has noticed any differences between 2.5.2 and 2.5.3. Are there any new/improved features or is it just a bug-fix..?

I did notice that the password input is now without any lag...
pat.indie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #11
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat.indie View Post
I wonder if anyone has noticed any differences between 2.5.2 and 2.5.3. Are there any new/improved features or is it just a bug-fix..?

I did notice that the password input is now without any lag...
I have not heard of any feature additions/changes, and have been assuming it's just fixes/tweaks -- but Amazon never deigns to tell us what's in these incremental patches.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:04 AM   #12
ThomasC
Thunder Down Under
ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle dxg, K3, K4nt, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenstreik View Post

Thanks mate, worked great!
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:16 AM   #13
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
As of 2.5.3, I checked out an Overdrive MobiPocket library book with my (old) registered Kindle PID. After KindleFix, I put the eBook on my Kindle and I can read it. It should still be encrypted and should expire in 14 days.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:30 AM   #14
SubElement
Connoisseur
SubElement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
Thanks man! Updated all good; I wonder what it does though?
SubElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:56 AM   #15
nancyl
nancyl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
This update isn't working for me.

When I downloaded it, it's 61KB, not 56.25KB as the download screen shows; is that a problem?

I downloaded and installed the 2.5.2 update from luvmy4brats last week, and it seemed to work just fine. (My Kindle 2 Global shows Version 2.5.2 (490480060)).
When I downloaded this 2.5.3 update to my Mac, and copied it to my Kindle root directory,
nothing happened, as I don't even see an update choice on my Kindle under menu/settings, grayed out or otherwise.

Suggestions?

Okay, while I was sitting here reading through these posts, my Kindle just updated itself to 2.5.3 without me doing anything. Is that normal?

Last edited by nancyl; 06-20-2010 at 10:09 AM.
nancyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.5.x, firmware update, k2i, kindle 2 international