Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-26-2009, 02:13 AM   #1
physics@war
Connoisseur
physics@war began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Have anyone tried to read musics from the DR?

Hi,

I wonder have any musicians here used the DR to upload the musics sheet as they are playing the instruments?

I think it is a cool idea to try it out.
physics@war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:45 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Size-wise it should work fine. I'm not sure about the practicality of it. Musicians generally play in rather dimly-lit environments, and I don't think the screen would be very readable in such lighting.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2009, 05:37 AM   #3
est_jor
Enthusiast
est_jor began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000s
Yeah . I load some guitar tabs pdf books . And since as I can not play as fast as I can read then it works for me . I read then just to learn the songs .
I play in a band and I dont need to read at reharsals , just to lear the songs .
est_jor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
thomega
Connoisseur
thomega began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics@war View Post
I wonder have any musicians here used the DR to upload the musics sheet as they are playing the instruments
It works very well. Of course, a footswitch would have been nice, since you have to turn pages twice as often.

Caveat: the speed of page turning can be a problem, if you use poorly scanned sheet music. But it's more than adequate if you have sheets that were produced as pdf files.
thomega is offline   Reply With Quote