Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-21-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Holy Wow

Ok will follow up with more later but as most of you know I am home for a little while and I ordered a Red PRS 505 Unfortunately it will not arrive in time for my departure back to work. Well I sent the better half over to the local borders to check out the PRS accessories and to show my Mom what a Reader was. Well she comes back with a Silver PRS saying she didnt realize how convient they were and when my Red one comes in she would send it to me and I could send her the Silver one Back. So I am now downloading our Library on it and checking out some Epub books. I will give a more indepth review after my flight back.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:45 AM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Cool! Your wife must really like you! I don't think I'd be willing to give up my reader after I just bought it (or any time for that matter)--even for just a few days!

Have fun and enjoy!!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2008, 07:02 AM   #3
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Cool! Your wife must really like you! I don't think I'd be willing to give up my reader after I just bought it (or any time for that matter)--even for just a few days!

Have fun and enjoy!!

dordale
Well I would hope she likes me after all these years. Or maybe she has a hidden agenda (Something Shiny perhaps)
JJ
Old 08-22-2008, 07:30 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
You owe your wife a LOT! You will be very pleased with your 505
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:51 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Now that's a wonderful wife!

If I read your post aright, don't forget to deauthorize the one you're going to send back.

OR:

If she's going to keep one for herself, what a wonderful harmony in marriage!

Happy reading!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #6
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Now that's a wonderful wife!

If I read your post aright, don't forget to deauthorize the one you're going to send back.

OR:

If she's going to keep one for herself, what a wonderful harmony in marriage!

Happy reading!

Don
Why would I have to Deauthorize the one I send back to Her?? I talked to Sony and they said I can have 2 505's on the Same account. Or was I mislead?? Oh wait Don I see what you were saying. No she will keep the second one I suspect she will be buying quite a few books while I am away, But she swears it will be titles we are both interested in. Her only issue is that She finds it very relaxing to read in the Bath so She was leary of the 505.

JJ

JJ

Last edited by jerryleejr; 08-22-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

nooooooooo.

I misread your post. Of course, if she's going to keep it, then do nothing.

I only meant that if she's going going to send it back to Borders and not own it anymore, then to deauthorize the unit. Obiviouslyl, I misread your post.

Don
Old 08-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
wow, that's a nice wife you have !! you should keep her. (of course, the hidden agenda (shiny) seems plausible to me too. )

as for reading in the bath, perhaps your wife should look into the waterproof cases some people have bought.

or else just read magazines in there, just to be sure...

have fun with your new shiny !!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:56 AM   #9
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wow, that's a nice wife you have !! you should keep her. (of course, the hidden agenda (shiny) seems plausible to me too. )

as for reading in the bath, perhaps your wife should look into the waterproof cases some people have bought.

or else just read magazines in there, just to be sure...

have fun with your new shiny !!
Oh you bet I will keep her, As for the (Shiny) Our Definitions of the term differ immensely I am sure hers involves Diamonds!

JJ
Old 08-22-2008, 09:04 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Oh you bet I will keep her, As for the (Shiny) Our Definitions of the term differ immensely I am sure hers involves Diamonds!

JJ
well, diamonds are waterproof, true, but i hear the drm is almost impossible to break so you can't format shift, and the selection of books available is really limited.

tell her she should stick to the 505.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I'm curious: Since diamonds are shiny and reflective, can one read while wearing a diamond? Perhaps a backlight isn't needed anymore....

Don
Old 08-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Ok will follow up with more later but as most of you know I am home for a little while and I ordered a Red PRS 505 Unfortunately it will not arrive in time for my departure back to work. Well I sent the better half over to the local borders to check out the PRS accessories and to show my Mom what a Reader was. Well she comes back with a Silver PRS saying she didnt realize how convient they were and when my Red one comes in she would send it to me and I could send her the Silver one Back. So I am now downloading our Library on it and checking out some Epub books. I will give a more indepth review after my flight back.

JJ
Congratulations on the birth of the PRS twins (even if one is a little late). What could be better than a Silver and a Red one! I still hope you'll name the Red one "Kinny"... I've grown fond of the name.

Happy Reading!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:00 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Congratulations on the birth of the PRS twins (even if one is a little late). What could be better than a Silver and a Red one! I still hope you'll name the Red one "Kinny"... I've grown fond of the name.

Happy Reading!
second that !
Old 08-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #14
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
I got my wife one for christmas... She wasn't that enamored at first being a bit of a traditionalist. But I got a few books for her on it and eventually she wrote this.

Ps. She got the tiffany necklace as well.
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:40 PM   #15
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post

Happy Reading!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
second that !
Of Course the Red One will be named Kinny, However the Real Dilemma will be explaining how One came from Borders and the Other from Sony, (Different Mothers and All) I so hate some of the conversations we must have with our little ones. Maybe I can blame the Duck...

JJ

Tags
duck!